Inna
School Education My daughter will start school next year. In Russia, parents have an opportunity to choose any school in a city for their kids. I know that children in the USA or Canada, for instance, can only study in the nearest school to their home. That is why some people decide to move to other districts of the city, where schools have higher ratings. Even house prices depend on a school rating. Many people there think that it would be better to have a choice, but from my point of view, there are many disadvantages of our system too. First is that the road to the school takes much time. We do not have school buses, and it is not safe for kids to go to school on their own. Russian schools usually have two shifts: from eight o'clock in the morning till twelve and from one o’clock in the noon till five in the evening. Anyway, it is a big problem for parents to take and pick up their children, because most of them work from eight or nine o’clock in the morning till five or six in the evening. The second problem arise when the schools with a high rating cannot accept all comers. It leads to the corruption problem. The other side of the coin is that parents can choose the school with specific bias, mathematical, language or biological, for example. Besides, most of the children, whose parents put many efforts to send them in a good school, understand, that education play an important role in their life and try to meet higher demands of their parents. Children in this age group tend to imitate each other and a high level of classmates’ knowledge helps learning process, as well as a taIented teacher.

Corrections in red.  Stylistics in blue.

School Education

My daughter will start school next year. In Russia, parents have the opportunity to choose any school in the city for their kids. I know that children in the USA or Canada, for instance, can only study in the nearest school to their home. [1] That is why some people decide to move to other districts of the city, where schools have higher ratings. Even house prices depend on a school's rating. Many people there think that it would be better to have a choice, but from my point of view, there are many disadvantages to our system too.
First is that the trip to the school takes much time. We do not have school buses, and it is not safe for kids to go to school on their own. Russian schools usually have two shifts: from eight o'clock in the morning till twelve, and from one o’clock in the afternoon till five in the evening. [2] Anyway, it is a big problem for parents to take and pick up their children, because most of them work from eight or nine o’clock in the morning till five or six in the evening.
The second problem arise when the schools with a high rating cannot accept all comers. It leads to the corruption problems/the problem of corruption.
The other side of the coin is that parents can choose a school with specific emphasis -- mathematics, language, or biology, for example. Besides, most of the children, whose parents put much efforts into sending them to [3] a good school, understand, that education plays an important role in their life, and try to meet the higher demands of their parents. Children in this age group tend to imitate each other, and a high level of knowlege on the part of heir classmates, as well as a talented teacher, helps the learning process.

[1]  Variant: ".... in the school nearest to their home."

[2]  This is the old morning, afternoon, night problem!  For five o'clock (p.m.), many people say "in the afternoon," and others say "in the evening."  If the sun were still shining, I would tend towards "afternoon."  If it were dark at that hour, I probably would say "evening."  At six, I would probably say "evening" in any season.

[3] A better variant:  ".... whose parents expend much (a lot of) effort in order to send them to...."