Motivation Learning languages opens many doors... I used to study German at my school.I enjoyed learning German, but not too much. I could read and translate simple texts, thats all. It was just necessity. I changed my mind when I went to my university. There were many students who could speak English, German, Hebrew, other languages. They could speak fluently! I was impressed. I felt myself superficial, silly girl. I wanted to be like them. I desired to prove myself that I could do it as well. By the way, I was supposed to pass the English exam at the end of my study. I started studying English as a beginner and finding out something new every day. The worth thing was pronounciation. But I did it. I took my exam and I got my diploma. It was very important to get the highest mark. I was not failed. I still have motivation of studying. I have been learning English for six years and I do not want to stop. Learning languages shows you different ways to cultures and worlds.

Motivation

Learning languages opens many doors...
I used to study German at my school. I enjoyed learning German, but not too much. I could read and translate simple texts, thats all. It was just a necessity. [it was compulsory.]
I changed my mind when I went to my university. There were many students who could speak English, German, Hebrew, and other languages. They could speak fluently! I was impressed. I felt myself a superficial, silly girl. I wanted to be like them. I desired to prove to myself that I could do it as well. By the way, I was supposed to pass the English exam at the end of my study. I started studying English as a beginner and finding out something new every day. The worth worst thing was pronounciation. But I did it. I took my exam and I got my diploma. It was very important to get the highest mark. I was had not failed. I still have the motivation of to studying. I have been learning English for six years and I do not want to stop. Learning languages shows you different ways to cultures and worlds.

Lubov, I know exactly what you mean, I had to do French and Latin at school, then I was able to drop Latin by trying Spanish. At the time I wasn't interested in learning languages, now I wish I had made more of the opportunity.

I recently heard a waiter change language as he went from one table to the next!

I haven't forgotten all the French, but more recently I have been interested in trying to learn some Turkish. Only last month I managed to get to Russia and because I didn't even know the alphabet, I struggled to follow a map.

If you have any questions about my marking, just ask!

Den.

Motivation

Learning languages opens many doors...
I used to study German at my school . I enjoy learning German, but not too much. I could read and translate simple texts, thats all . It was just necessity.
I changed my mind when I went to my university . There were many students who could speak English, German, Hebrew, other languages. They could speak fluently ! I was impressed . I felt myself superficial, silly girl . I wanted to be like them . I desired to prove myself that I could do it as well. By the way, I was supposed to pass the English exam at the end of my study. I started studying English as a beginner and finding out something new every day. The worth thing was pronounciation. But I did it. I took my exam and I got my diploma. It was very important to get the highest mark. I didn't failed. I still have motivation of studying. I have been learning English for six years and I do not want to stop. Learning languages shows you different ways to cultures and worlds.