Yuan
Today, young people are better able to make decisions on their own. (1) Nowadays, young people become more and more independent. Under this circumstance, I strongly agree with the opinion that young people are better able to make decisions on their own in today’s society. In the first place, young people become more independent than before. A lot of young people in today’s society go to study or work far away from their parents. They go to work or universities in the other cities. In such situation, they have to learn how to take care of themselves, how to make choice and how to get rid of depending on their parents. In China, every year, there are hundreds of thousands of young people leave their hometowns to big cities like Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou in order to find better jobs. They have to decide where they should live and what kind of job they should take. However, having no ideas about these citis and jobs, their parents cannot help them make decisions sometimes.. Through making decisions again and again by themselves, they are better able to make decisions on their own. In addition, more and more parents nowadays allow young people make decisions on their own. in the past, parents always make decisions for their children. So the young people hardly make decisions by themselves and do not know how to make decisions. however, now, people make decisions by themselves. Take myself as example. Instead of making decisions for me, my mother gives me some suggestions. When I applied for universities, my mother suggested me to consider about the locations, climates, ranks of the universities, but did not tell me which universities I should apply for. I searched amount of information on Internet and compared a lot of universities carefully before I made the final decision. Through this way, I learnt a lot about making decisions.