Yana
How I was passing FCE exam. It happened that I needed to take an exam to prove my knowledge of English. I had only 2 months for preparing for my exam whereas it took almost 9 months to get the whole course. So I had to take a privet teacher. The teacher, a young girl, was coming to my place twice a week. I began to study with all intension. My day started and finished with English course books. But I really enjoyed the process of studying. I learnt lots of new things, improved my grammar and speaking skills. I wrote many essays, stories, emails to a pen friend, reports and so on. The exam lasted two days. First day we had writing, use of English, reading and listening parts. Every part had its own limit of time. The writing lasted 40 min and consisted of two parts: a letter to a friend and a story (they gave you first sentence and you had to compose a story using this sentence). I finished the first part quickly. But the second part took me almost all the time that was given. I was nervous because I couldn’t create a story. First we had to write it in a rough copy.I wrote about three versions of my story but didn’t like any of them. Eventually I created a totally different version of the story and wrote it down just before 1 min left until the end of the test. At that day I was desperate because I wasn’t satisfied with the writing part of the exam. I thought I would have a low mark. The next day we had a speaking test. The test was easy. We were discussing on different topics on our own and in pairs. My exam was over and I went home. I was still worried about my writing part but in a while I calmed down and forgot about it. In 1 month I got a result of my exam. And what do you think? I passed FCE at grade B! And guess what? From all 5 parts of exam my writing part was marked as the best. May be they were impressed by the fact that I was able to create 4 different stories in a such short period of time? Anyway,I will never find out it))))

How I was passing FCE exam.

It happened that I needed to take an exam to prove my knowledge of English. I had only 2 months for preparing for my exam whereas it took almost 9 months to get the whole course. So I had to take a privet private teacher. The teacher, a young girl, was coming to my place twice a week. I began to study with all intensions. My day started and finished with English course books. But I really enjoyed the process of studying. I learnt lots of new things, improved my grammar and speaking skills. I wrote many essays, stories, emails to a pen friend, reports and so on.
The exam lasted two days. On the first day we had writing, use of English, reading and listening parts. Every part had its own time limit of time. The writing test lasted 40 min and consisted of two parts: a letter to a friend and a story (they gave you first sentence and you had to compose a story using this sentence). I finished the first part quickly. But the second part took me almost all the time that was given. I was nervous because I couldn’t create a story. First we had to write it in a rough copy. I wrote about three versions of my story but didn’t like any of them. Eventually I created a totally different version of the story and wrote it down with just before 1 min left until the end of the test. At that day I was desperate because I wasn’t satisfied with the writing part of the exam. I thought I would have a low mark.
The next day we had a speaking test. The test was easy. We were discussing on different topics on our own and in pairs. My exam was over and I went home. I was still worried about my writing part but in a while I calmed down and forgot about it. In 1 month I got a result of my exam. And what do you think? I passed FCE at grade B! And guess what? From all 5 parts of exam my writing part was marked as the best. May be they were impressed by the fact that I was able to create 4 different stories in a such short period of time? Anyway, I will never find out it))))

Amazing Yana, I wish I could absorb another language so quick!

I'd like to have read your story.

Den

wow! That is so nice. Thanks for your concern friend.
What a coincidence! I am just reading a book about Tanzania, Swahili and Masai) Btw, It is hard to improve foreign language by yourself. Always good to have someone who can correct you) Actually FCE (first certificate in English) allows you to study( in some colleges) or work abroad.
wow!! it is amazing. Sadly! in my country we do not have those classes, so I didn't go to any kind of class. I don't think that I have good English writing or speaking, but I don't sweat it. what I do is to improve them by myself, No one can correct my mistakes except myself. I give myself an A+ Every single day and move on. You did great carry on practicing every single second, all of us will be astonished with your great success. Good luck.