Amy
whether the government should invest more on improving Internet access than on public transportation There is an argument that whether the government should invest more on improving Internet access than on public transportation. Some commentators think that more money is supposed to spend on the Internet access because it is more related every citizen’s daily life yet others claim that public transportation have greater influence on the whole society and should be invested more. From my point of view, I agree with the latter for the following reasons. First, I think transportation has more negative effects on our society recently compared with the Internet. This is because as increasing people have private cars, they do not want to take the slow and inefficient public transportation like a bus or subway anymore. Thus, it always causes traffic congestion in a large number of big cities in China, which makes most residents angry. There is a typical example in my city, Hangzhou. I now drive to my college everyday because my home and my college are very close. It should be very convenient for me due to there is only fifteen-minute drive from my home to school. However, the problem is that I actually spent approximately one hour on my way to university because of the traffic jam. Sometimes it really annoyed me when I sit in the car doing nothing but just watching those walkers passed by my car. From my personal experience, I think the government should use more money to improve the our public transportation system so that there are more bus or other efficient means available. In that case, more people would choose the public transportation instead of driving a car, which can reduce congestion in some degree.
Dec 19, 2014 5:43 AM