Sharifa
The new experience from abroad I have heard about many natural disaster from all over the world, but I had never faced any of them and willed not to meet any. However, anything can happen in anytime and anyplace. My first exciting experience about the natural disaster happened nine years ago when I followed my husband to Lahore city of Pakistan and settled down there. It was in the morning of October 8, 2005. I spent the whole morning by watching TV in the bed room. My body was shaking and the entire house started moving as someone grabbed it in his hand and jiggled it slowly then faster and faster until you could not stand straight. Everybody ran out from the house except me. It seemed that this was not their first time, they knew what to do, and they knew how to deal with the earthquake. This shaking took about 20 minutes and then stopped. Thanks God, the house did not collape and none of my family was hurt. We hurried to turn on the television to check what was going on. The news reporter said that it was an earthquake in the north-northeast of Islamabad, the capital city. We thought that it was just a small quake but the report in the following day declared that many people were killed, a lot of them were injured and the numerous homeless. We still kept an eye on the news in every those day, it narrated Muzaffarabad of Kashmir, which 395Km far from Lahore, was the heaviest damage area. There were lots of relief from many countries, for example; Africa, Asia, Europe and Americas which were international organizations and non-governmental organizations. These responses came with food, medical supplies, temporary accommodations and money. None of us can stop such natural disaster but one thing I have learnt from this crisis was thoughtfulness from human to human, whenever terrible things happened as human being, we always be by side of each other.
2

The new experience from abroad

I have heard about many natural disaster from all over the world, but I had never faced any of them and willed not to meet any did not want to. However, anything can happen in anytime and anyplace. My first exciting experience about the with a natural disaster happened was nine years ago when I followed my husband to Lahore city of Pakistan and settled down there. It was in the morning of October 8, 2005. I spent the whole morning by watching TV in the bed room. My body was shaking and the entire house started moving as if/though someone grabbed it in his hand and jiggled ("shook" would work better here) it slowly then faster and faster until you could not stand straight. Everybody ran out from the house except me. It seemed that this was not their first time,; they knew what to do, and they knew how to deal with the earthquake. This shaking took about 20 minutes and then stopped. Thanks God, the house did not collape and none of my family was hurt. We hurried to turn on the television to check what was going on. The news reporter said that it was an earthquake in the North-Northeast of Islamabad, the capital city. We thought that it was just a small quake but the report in the following day declared that many people were killed, a lot of them were injured and the numerous many were homeless. We still kept an eye on the news in every those day. it narrated Muzaffarabad of Kashmir, which 395Km far from Lahore, was the heaviest damage area It said Muzaffarabad of Kashmir, a town 395km from Lahore, was the area with the most damage.
There were lots was a lot of relief from many countries every continent: for example; Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas which were from international organizations and non-governmental organizations. These responses came with food, medical supplies, temporary accommodations and money.
None of us can stop such natural disaster, but one thing I have learnt (/learned) from this crisis was is thoughtfulness from human to human, whenever terrible things happened as human being, we always be by side of we are always beside each other.

Fantastic entry, Sharifa! Sorry all the colors make it seem like the corrections are more extreme than they really are. Your writing is very clear and natural-sounding. What an experience - I can't imagine ever being so familiar with earthquakes that I wouldn't panic. I'm glad to hear that no one in your family was hurt!