Tomomi
Embarrassing Experience Do you have any embarrassing experience when you are learning languages? I have a lot of that. These are two examples. That first one was what I said "subscription" instead of "subtitle". As I saw Youtube video in English, I could see "English sub" of the title, somehow I decided to use "subscription". After that I used "subscription" much. But one of my language partner pointed out the mistake. The second one was "ByeBye". Japanese use often "ByeBye" in a casual way. I sometimes used "ByeBye" in front of native English speakers. I saw Youtube video, and they said that "ByeBye" is too childish. I didn't know that. I really thanked for my language partner and Youtube video. Thank you for reading.

Embarrassing Experience

Do you have any embarrassing experience when you are learning languages?
I have a lot of that.
These are two examples.

That first one was what I said "subscription" instead of "subtitle".
As I saw Youtube video in English, I could see "English sub" of the title, somehow I decided to use "subscription".
After that I used "subscription" much.
But one of my language partner pointed out the mistake.

The second one was "ByeBye".
Japanese use often "ByeBye" in a casual way.
I sometimes used "ByeBye" in front of native English speakers.
I saw Youtube video, and they said that "ByeBye" is too childish.
I didn't know that.

I really thanked for my language partner and Youtube video.

Thank you for reading.

'Do you have' . . .      Have you had . . .      'any embarrassing experience'      . . experiences [plural] ' . . when you are . . '     when (you were) / while (you were)

'I have a lot of that.'       I have had [past tense] a lot (of them)

'That first one was what . . '      (the first) one was when . . 

'As I saw . . Youtube video'       As I had seen / watched / had watched  a Youtube video

'I used "subscription" much'     I used (the word) "subscription" a lot/frequently

' . one of my language partner . . '    one of my language partners [plural]

'Japanese use often . . '    Japanese often use . .  [word order]

'I saw Youtube video'     I saw a Youtube video

'I really thanked for my language partner and Youtube video.'

I'm really thankful/grateful to my language partner and the Youtube video

A nice story, Tomomi, that all of us who learn languages should heed*.   We all make these mistakes. * ['old' archaic English]  = take note of, remember

Thank you for you comment^^ "そば" and " そぼ" is certainly similar! "まごになっちゃって”?(・・? I'm confused as well. (笑
I've done a lot of embarrassing things lol. I used to think そば and そぼ were the same thing. ^^;; so instead of talking about my grandma, I talked about my noodles! I learned soon after that I made a mistake, hahaha Also, my friend told me about one time when she was lost in Japan. She went up to people saying something like, "まごになちゃって" and they were confused LOL