Misa
12/25/2014 The battle between Coca-cola and Pepsi has been lasted for more than a decade. The feud has gotten personal in their advertising campaigns. Coca-cola and Pepsi are always the icons of carbonated soft drinks. There was an interesting story about Coca-cola. After WWII, The market share of Coca-cola Company’s flagship beverage was 60%. By 1983, it dipped to 24%. The company conducted surveys and research to find out the cause of the decline in sales, and the result shown that the consumer preferred a sweeter taste beverage in compared with both Coca-cola and Pepsi. On April 23, 1985, The Coca-cola Company announced that the Original formula coca-cola was completely replaced with a new formula, namely “New Coca-cola”. Suddenly, the supply of Old Coca-coca stopped at once and this panicked the consumer; they rushed to the shops and bought cartons of Original formula coke to store in their basements. The company received lots of complaints of its irresponsible decision. Campaigns were held to urge the company to return old coke to them. Some of the consumer reacted as if they had lost their loved one forever in their life. Finally, original formula was returned on July 11. The sales of Coca-cola spiked. As a result of this incident, Coca-cola brand was re-energized, so was consumer awareness.