Yvaine
All of a sudden,I just want to escape This afternoon,on the way to take the College English Test6, I suddenly wanted to turn around and walk back, but I knew I just don't have enough courage ,always.Sometimes, I really admire those who can do what they want, and just follow the heart regardless of the views of others.They simply live a life free of rules.Maybe I've been deeply influenced by Sanmao (a writer of Taiwan).I absolutely appreciate her courage and the desire for freedom.When you were still small, the adults told you to work your backside off to get good grades and then go to a good university.When you make it, you'll find yourself on the horns of a dilemma,just like a bear who has tried to climb a tree and suddenly finds no way to get down from it. Because you've got all people's attention, and you want to keep up to it, although sometimes you desirably want to take a break and lead a totally simple life.People attach too much expectation to you, hoping you to achieve more.Maybe they don't know that different people has different criteria for happiness and success.I was so glad when my etiquette teacher said that she never asked her two children to struggle for the first place,and the most important thing was their happiness and health.To hear this, someone may just laugh that a soldier who doesn't want to be a general is not a good soldier.But not everyone is suitable to be a general, there is exception.
Dec 20, 2014 4:47 PM
Thank you,Ruthi.
You are quite right,we have all been in that situation when we feel like we want to run away from a situation where we feel under pressure.But I am sure,according to your writing,that you did well in the exam and you do not need to be afraid.Be confident in your ability and you will be able to face all the difficulties along the way.