Diana
I'm a little bit scared about my translation.Can you help me to correct? Chapter 2. Hillside in Novgorod TIME What is in the Novgorod were Holmogory time? Due to the excellent location Holmogory become commercial and administrative center Zavolochye. According to legend, recorded in its history Krestinina Kholmogor, Novgorod came to the Dvina, caught three villages on the site of present Kholmogor: Kurtseva, Kachkovo Podrokure. These three villages of Novgorod built three settlements Glinski, Nicholas and Iwanski parishes, which are called Posad: Kurtsevskogo, Nikolsky, Glinski, Iwanski and Podrokurskogo except Kachkovo village, which has remained under that name until the XVII century. Since the beginning of the XII century on the site of modern Kholmogor located farthest Novgorod "Ivan Churchyard", first mentioned in the charter deed Novgorod Prince Svyatoslav II of Kiev in 1138. The first mention of the actual Kholmogor (originally Kolmogorov) is contained in the charter of the Moscow Grand Prince Ivan Kalita Dvina posadnik "on Kolmogorov" 1335 Since its inception Holmogory been an important political and economic unity of Veliky Novgorod, serving as a reference point in the Novgorod Zavolochye. Using an advantageous geographical location - at the crossroads of trade routes from Novgorod to the Dvina mouth - the Novgorodians erected here Posada and temples, built a wooden fortress with towers on an artificial hill, behind which kept the name - The Settlement. According to legend, the castle was destroyed at the end of the XV century., After the fall of the Novgorod Republic. In 1478 under Ivan III Novgorod possession and all the Dvina land were subject to Moscow.
Dec 20, 2014 10:30 PM