Fan
Why don’t we celebrate Christmas? My friend from the States has decorated his house for the coming of the Christmas on next Thursday. Today when we talked on line, he showed me around his living room. There is a beautiful Christmas tree hanging with small gifts and colorful lights in the corner. On the table, there are several Santa Clause’ faces mugs. Yes there is a Santa Clause standing in the room on the other side of the corner. When my friend pressed somewhere, the Santa Clause started twisting his waist and dancing. “How nice it is!” I gave him my comments. My friend said. “Yes, my wife loves it!” My friend has happily married to a China woman this year. He added, “My wife has invited 10 friends come to spend the Christmas with us.” I guessed, “Are they all Chinese?” He answered “You bet.” I continued, “When they talk, they must all speak Chinese. You are excluded from their conversation.” My friend laughed, “Yes, you are right. But I can pick up a few words here and there. Last time, when they talked, I heard of them saying that: ‘ta shi lao wai’ -- Wait a minute! I am a foreigner? No, No, No, I said‘I am not a foreigner! You are foreigners.’ They all laughed.” The phone rang and my friend didn’t pick up the phone as usual. It was from his wife. His wife was working, but she was supposed that her husband might have been talking to his female friend from China around this time. My friend said that every time, she would intrude since she knew I might be on Skype talking to you now. Afterwards, she would say something like you preferred to talk to your friend rather than your wife. My friend has a jealous Chinese wife. But he confirmed to me that it was fine not to answer the phone and they played a small game with each other. I thanked for my friend introducing his culture to me, someone who spends all her life in the East. I do like to see how an ordinary family from western world would like to celebrate their Christmas. My friend doesn’t have any children, but I guess that all the children there are looking forward to receiving gifts from Santa Clause around this time. When the snow covers the ground, it is cold, quiet but slivery outside. As if I could visit invisibly outside in the dark, I saw all those lights, the laughter, the singing spreading out of every single house, even the smell of the foods that were delicious had already taken up the entire table. This is a time when people just get together, relaxed and feel happy. Everyone tends to be nicer and friendlier. It is a religious holy time, but a national holiday. With its cultural distinction, it brings people with many good feelings and memories, as well the connections with another world. Even for someone far from the east, I can feel the warmth of it and I admire the celebration of the day. When I walked on the street this afternoon, it was cold and sunny. There would be no snow next week. I noticed that a few modern decorated shops had put up small Christmas trees in the hall and a fake Santa Clause standing by the door. Suddenly, I heard of a tender voice behind me,” Mom, why don’t we celebrate Christmas?” A school girl was holding her mother’s hand, looking at the shop. The mother answered, “Christmas is not our holiday, it is the day that Jesus was born and it is celebrated by those countries that Christianity is dominated. It is the western holiday. When you grow up, if you study in the United States, you will celebrate it.” The girl wondered and said, “I don’t mind, Mom. We have Spring Festival! I can’t wait for our Spring Festival.”

Why don’t we celebrate Christmas?

My friend from the States has decorated his house for the coming of the Christmas on next Thursday. Today when we talked on line, he showed me around his living room. There is a beautiful Christmas tree hanging with small gifts and colorful lights hanging from it in the corner. On the table, there are several Santa Clause’ faces mugs shaped like Santa's face. Yes  There is also a Santa Clause standing in the room on the other side of the opposite corner of the room. When my friend pressed somewhere on it, the Santa Clause started twisting his waist hips and dancing. “How nice it is!” I gave him my comments I commented. My friend said. “Yes, my wife loves it!” 

****Notes****

sorry, i only have a bit of time so i just did the first paragraph. not all of the changes are because it was incorrect, but i think this way sounds more natural. i'm american so i've looked at this from an "american english" view.

blue areas are "optional" you can say them or leave them out.

red typing is my additions/changes.

most people i know just say "santa".

great job overall! keep it up!

Every culture has different holidays. We don't need to celebrate all the holidays of someone else,or be jealous of someone else's holidays.In China I enjoyed Spring Festival and Dragon Boat Festival traditions because it was new and different for me.I wanted to learn about them. I think for everyone it is the same.Sometimes the traditions of another culture seem more exciting and different.