Тимур
White Kremlin What are your associations, when you hear “Kremlin”? I think, many peoples will answer: “Moscow, Red Square, Spasskaya Tower and Mausoleum”. It is right, but I want to introduce to you other Kremlin. In middle ages fortifications, which included stone walls, towers and etc., was called “Kremlin”. They protected city and people from enemy’s armies. Therefore there are several cities, which have own Kremlins, and Kazan is one of them. Kazan Kremlin had built since 16th century and it was finished at 18th century. The main tower of Kazan Kremlin is called “Spasskaya” too, but its walls are white. Spasskaya Tower of Kazan Kremlin has its own clocks with bells since last part of 18th century. But at first time these clocks were not such as it is now, they had a rotating dial and only one arrow, which didn’t move. It wasn’t very useful, so they were changed to clocks, which stay at present time. If you will in center of Kazan, you will hear its bells every half of an hour. The Kazan Kremlin is very important to the history of our city. Early I wrote story about one of the towers (Sujumbike tower), which located in the Kremlin’s territory. May be later I will tell you story about other one tower of Kazan Kremlin.
Dec 21, 2014 5:41 PM