Michael Business Law
Professional Teacher
"Senz'una donna", per Zucchero Non sono certo del significato di tutti i frasi ma nonostante, ho l’impressione che questa canzone non è davvero profonda. Al fondo, l`uomo triste ha perso la sua fidanzata, chi lo ha partita. Lui immagina che anche lei ridi di lui proprio. Lui sta tentando a lottare con la sua condizione. Appena lui mangia, guarda la mare ma poi, lui conclude che, nonostante il suo tormento interiore, lui è più contento senza lei. Non ho potuto capiscere diversi frasi. Se qualcuno può me aiutare, la ringrazio. Non lo so ridi pure = I don’t know, she is even laughing? Be’ = bene? Se ce l’hai = ? Io ce l’ho = ? (English original I am not sure of the meaning of all the phrases but at the same time, my impression is that this is not a terribly deep song. Basically, the poor guy is without his woman, who seems to have left him. He imagines that she is even laughing at him. He is trying to cope: he is just about eating, looking at the sea but concludes that, despite his interior anguish, he is better off without her. I couldn’t understand a few phrases and any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Michael)
Dec 21, 2014 6:15 PM
1

"Senz'una donna", per Zucchero

Non sono certo del significato di tutte i le frasi ma nonostante ciò, ho l’impressione che questa canzone non è davvero profonda. Al fondo alla fine l`uomo  è triste perchè ha perso la sua fidanzata, chi lo ha che è partita/ l'ha lasciato . Lui immagina che anche lei rida di lui proprio. Lui sta tentando a di lottare con la sua condizione. Appena lui mangia qualcosa, guarda la il mare ma e poi, lui conclude che, nonostante il suo tormento interiore, lui è più contento senza lei. 

Non ho potuto capiscere diversi frasi. Se qualcuno mi può me aiutare, lo ringrazio.
Non lo so ridi pure = I don’t know, she is even laughing?
Be’ = bene?
Se ce l’hai = ?
Io ce l’ho = ?

(English original

I am not sure of the meaning of all the phrases but at the same time, my impression is that this is not a terribly deep song. Basically, the poor guy is without his woman, who seems to have left him. He imagines that she is even laughing at him. He is trying to cope: he is just about eating, looking at the sea but concludes that, despite his interior anguish, he is better off without her.

I couldn’t understand a few phrases and any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Michael)

Molte grazie, Angelica. Your comments are very useful. I didn't know there was sexual innuendo in this song but I like his easy-listening style of music. I think I will need to study the usage of "ce" in more detail. In Italki comments, you can't separate your text into paragraphs, only in answers. Thanks again. PS "obscure" with a "b".
I had also divided the comment in paragraphs but they didn't show up for some reason :/
since someone already corrected the italian part i'm just going to tell you about the phrases that confused you :) "ridi pure": pure is used almost as a slang word i would say, used only orally it means something like "go ahead" so the meaning in this case is "yeah, go ahead, keep laughing" "be'": i had to go and look for the lyrics and it says be' non proprio così. In this case "be'" means "well..." again, it's very colloquial, it's used when you're about to explain something "well, non exactly like this" se ce l'hai means "if you have it" and io ce l'ho means "i got it". I looked at the lyrics to try and be more specific about what they're talking about but they're a bit.....oscure? :/ knowing Zucchero it could be something sexual :) Sorry for the quotation marks overload!