Christopher
能/可以/会 请帮助我! 虽然我学中文学了两年多了,但是我有的时候还不知道应该用“能","可以",或者"会"。” 有人能解释一下吗?还有请给我一些例子。谢谢! 我会说中文。我会做饭。我会功夫。会/不会 can be used for any learned skills right? Like I can draw/I can't draw. I can shoot. (as in I can shoot a gun well, meaning, my aim is good.) Let's say a person knows how to speak, but loses their voice for whatever reason, would you say 他不能说话?since his inability to speak is due to a physical reason? 如果你的朋友邀请你去看一个电影,但是你忙着准备考试,你应该说“不能去”还是“不可以”去? 能 is more in a physical sense right? And I understand 可以 to be "can" in the sense of whether or not you are permitted to do something. For example, if your boss says you have to work this Saturday and you had plans with friends, then you have to tell them that you 不可以去。
Dec 21, 2014 7:14 PM
1

1.能:You have the ability to do something, whether you are skilled or not. ex: 1、我能做饭。2、我能说汉语。

2.会:You grasp a skill after learning. ex:1、 我会做饭(经过学习,我做得很好)。2、我会说汉语(经过学习,我说得很好)。

3.可以:You are permitted to do something or not. ex:1、 你可以进来。2、我可以出去玩。

a)‘能’表示具备某种能力或达到某种效率,‘会’表示学得某种本领。初次学会某种动作用‘会’,恢复某种能力用‘能’,如小弟弟会走路了│他病好了,能下床了。具备某种技能可以用‘能’,也可以用‘会’,如:能写会算。达到某种效率,用‘能’,不用‘会’,如:她一分钟能打一百五十字。

b)名词前面文言可以用‘能’,白话只用‘会’,如:能诗善画│会英文│会象棋。

c)跟‘不…不’组成双重否定,‘不能不’表示必须,‘不会不’表示一定,如:你不能不来啊!│他不会不来的。在疑问或揣测的句子里都表示可能,如:他不能(会)不答应吧?

d)对于尚未实现的自然现象的推测,用‘能(够)’,不用‘可(以)’,如:这雨能下长么?

e)用在跟某些动词结合表示被动的可能性时,用‘可’,不用‘能’,如:我们是不可战胜的。

(from Modern Chinese Dictionary, 现代汉语词典)

The subtleties are:

能 is translated as the ability to do so.  You have the talent or the resources to do so.

可以 = can

会 = may be able to/I would be able to (because you feel like it)/I know

能/可以/会 请帮助我!

虽然我学中文学了两年多了,但是我有的时候还不知道应该用“能","可以",或者"会"。” 有人能解释一下吗?还有请给我一些例子。谢谢!

我会说中文。This translates to I know how to speak Chinese.  我会做饭。I know how to cook. 我会功夫。I know martial arts.  会/不会 can be used for any learned skills right? Like I can draw/I can't draw. I can shoot. (as in I can shoot a gun well, meaning, my aim is good.)  我能說.... I am ABLE to...  我可以 = I can.  Same subtleties as in English.

Let's say a person knows how to speak, but loses their voice for whatever reason, would you say 他不能说话?since his inability to speak is due to a physical reason? Yes

如果你的朋友邀请你去看一个电影,但是你忙着准备考试,你应该说“不能去”还是“不可以”去?

能 is more in a physical sense right? No.  It can be due to some reason.  And I understand 可以 to be "can" in the sense of whether or not you are permitted to do something. For example, if your boss says you have to work this Saturday and you had plans with friends, then you have to tell them that you 不可以去。Yes.  能 has can also be used here since you have no ability because your boss' command has nullified your ability to do so. 可以 can also work here.  The context will make the situation clear.

你多加练习,自然而然就会懂得怎么去分辨它们。
“能”and"会"。“会” emphasize subjective views,“能” implicit objective factors。For example,我会游泳,it emphasizes that I have learned how to swim.我能游泳,it emphasizes that I have good health so I can go swimming.“能” is equivalent to “可以”,just differ in tone。“Can I know your name ?”"Could I know your name?"They are the same meaning。