cathy
A North Korean Girl Today, I saw several pictures that tell the story about a girl who escaped from North Korea. The girl, Yeonmi Park, said when she was nine years old she saw her friend's mother publicly executed just because of watching Hollywood movie. And Yeonmi's own mother was raped by a Chinese broker the day she escaped North Korea. How horrible these things are! I can't imagine how could these things happen in 21st century. However, they happened in our neighbouring country, and our hands are not clean. I felt pain for the darkness the girl experienced. I hope that the sun shine our neighbouring country as soon as possible.
Dec 22, 2014 1:56 PM

A North Korean Girl

Today, I saw several pictures that tell the story about a girl who escaped from North Korea.

The girl, Yeonmi Park, said when she was nine years old she saw her friend's mother publicly executed just because she watched  of watching a Hollywood movie. And Yeonmi's own mother was raped by a Chinese broker the day she escaped North Korea.

How horrible these things are! I can't imagine how could these things can happen in the  21st century. However, they happened in our neighbouring country, and our hands are not clean.

I felt pain for the darkness the girl experienced. I hope that the sun shines on our neighbouring country as soon as possible.

A North Korean Girl

Today, I saw several pictures that tell the story about of a girl who escaped from North Korea.

The girl, Yeonmi Park, said that when she was nine years old, she saw her friend's mother publicly executed just because of she had been watching a Hollywood movie. And Yeonmi's own mother was raped by a Chinese broker(?) the day she escaped North Korea into China.

How horrible these things are! I can't imagine how could these things can happen in this 21st century. However, they happened in our neighbouring country, and our hands are not clean.

I felt pain for the darkness the girl experienced. I hope that the sun shines once again in our neighbouring country as soon as possible.

Hi Ruthi, thanks for your comment. I fear talking this in depth and I think you know the reason.
I agree with you,Cathy.I was in South Korea and I went up to the border with North Korea, and they told us a lot of information about the war there and about the conditions in North Korea.It is so hard to hear about things like that as you say,and to feel powerless to help those people who try to escape.I understand that many people die of hunger every day.It is really scary.