Cyanidefree
Letter to the Metro Manager TASK DESCRIPTION: There have been some problems with public transport in your area recently. Write a letter to the manager of the transport company. In your letter 1) Describe the problems; 2) Explain how these problems are affecting the public; 3) And suggest some changes that could be made. MY LETTER: Dear Manager, I take mnetro lines three and four to and from my work every day. Overall, I am satisfied with the quality of your service. However, there are a few problems that I hope you can improve. First, some of the metro stations have confusing names, and this has been causing a lot of troubles to passangers. For example, there is a stop called Shanghai Indoor Stadium, and right next to it there is another stop called Shanghai Stadium. Many passengers that are not familiar with this line get off at Shanghai Stadium when they want to go to Shanghai Indoor Stadium. They often end up walking half an hour to their destinations. I would suggest you still call Shanghai Stadium by its original name because it is at the right place. You should name Shanghai Indoor Stadium by its street name to make it clearly different. Another issue is that during rush hours, many of the trains shut their doors too quickly, preventing passengers from getting on and off the trains, and sometimes even close on the passengers. I understand that your staff do this to achieve a high speed, but you should take the passengers’ benefits and safety into consideration. I hope you can consider my suggestions. Thank you. Yours sincerely, Nelson Lee

SELF CORRECTION CONSIDERING LAOGUI32'S SUGGESTION:

Dear Manager,

I take metro lines three and four to and from my work every day. Overall, I am satisfied with the quality of your service. However, there are a few things that I hope you can improve.

First, some of the metro stations have similar names, and this has been causing a lot of confusion for passengers. For example, there is a stop called Shanghai Indoor Stadium, and the very next stop is called Shanghai Stadium. Many passengers that are not familiar with this line get off at Shanghai Stadium when they want to go to Shanghai Indoor Stadium. They often end up walking half an hour to their destinations. I would suggest you still call Shanghai Stadium by its original name because it is clear and right. But Shanghai Indoor Stadium cannot be an accurate name. Naming it by its street name would be better, and can help to differentiate it.

Another issue is that during rush hours, many of the trains shut their doors too quickly, preventing passengers from getting on and off the trains, and sometimes they even close on passengers. I understand that your staff do this to reduce delay, but the safety problems and other inconvenience caused for passengers should be avoided.

I hope you can consider my suggestions. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
Nelson Lee

Letter to the Metro Manager

TASK DESCRIPTION:

There have been some problems with public transport in your area recently.

Write a letter to the manager of the transport company. In your letter
1) Describe the problems;
2) Explain how these problems are affecting the public;
3) And suggest some changes that could be made.

MY LETTER:

Dear Manager,

I take metro lines three and four to and from my work every day. Overall, I am satisfied with the quality of your service. However, there are a few problems that I hope you can improve/solve/overcome.

First, some of the metro stations have confusing similar names, and this has been causing a lot of troubles to confusion for passengers. For example, there is a stop called Shanghai Indoor Stadium, and right next to it there is another the very next stop is called Shanghai Stadium. Many passengers that are not familiar with this line get off at Shanghai Stadium when they want to go to Shanghai Indoor Stadium - or vice versa. They often end up walking half an hour to their destinations. I would suggest you still continue to call Shanghai Stadium by its original name, because it is clear and correct at the right place. You should name Shanghai Indoor Stadium by its street name to differentiate it make it clearly different. <em>The English is ok, but the suggestion is weak! haha</em>

Another issue is that during rush hours, many of the trains shut their doors too quickly, preventing passengers from getting on and off the trains, and sometimes they even close on the passengers. I understand that your staff do this to ensure minimum delay achieve a high speed, but you should take the passengers’ benefits comfort and safety into consideration.

Yours sincerely,
Nelson Lee