Isabela
One more year goes... and one more comes All the years we all have some kind of expectation for the future. For me, it's nice to make plans, hope for achievements, imagine what the future will bring. To live planning something (and working for that), makes us feel like we accomplished many things by the end of the year. And what's a life without accomplishments? There is nothing better than looking back and seeing what we have done. A little more knowledge, relationships established, experiences, being apart of something we can call home, new trips, meeting different cultures and various people... anything that can make us feel grateful for its worth. What I wish for each year, to both me and to all human kind, is this: don't stop hoping and working for our hopes to be real, being thankful, living more, taking chances...and the most important: being more tolerant with things we think we can't stand. In my humble opinion, what the 21th century needs more is tolerance. Tolerance with people and situations. But of course, tolerance does not come alone. Sounds cliché, but it has a lot to do with practicing Love. May we try to do what we expect people to want us to do. If we want to be loved, let us try to love more, if we want to be respected, let's try to respect, if we want to be a bless, let us try to bless the lives of others. It does not work otherwise. May we plant good actions and good thoughts for us to bring forth good fruits. And the most important: cheers for Love. May no bad experience make us to stop believing in that feeling. It's good when is reciprocal, but, if it's not, we know we loved.
Dec 23, 2014 8:15 PM
1

One more year goes... and one more comes

All the Every years we all have some kind of expectation for the future. For me, it's nice to make plans, to hope for achievements, to imagine what the future will bring. To live planning something (and working for that), makes us feel like we have accomplished many things by the end of the year. And what's a life without accomplishments?
There is nothing better than looking back and seeing what we have done. A little more knowledge, relationships established, experiences, being a part of something we can call home, new trips, meeting different cultures and various people... anything that can make us feel grateful for its worth. What I wish for each year, to for both me myself and to all human kind, is this: don't stop hoping, and working for work to make our hopes to be become reality, being thankful, living more, taking chances...and the most important: being more tolerant with things we think we can't stand. In my humble opinion, what the 21sth century needs more is tolerance. Tolerance with people and situations. But of course, tolerance does not come alone. Sounds cliché, but it has a lot to do with practicing Love. May we try to do what we expect people to want us to do. If we want to be loved, let us try to love more, if we want to be respected, let's try to respect, if we want to be a blessed, let us try to bless the lives of others. It does not work otherwise. May we plant good actions and good thoughts for us to bring forth good fruits. And the most important: cheers for Love. May no bad experience make us to stop believing in that feeling. It's good when it is reciprocal, but, if it's not, I know I loved.

You set a very good example Isabela!

I can't agree with '... nothing better than looking back ...' - many things are better 'during'

I seem to remember a similar idea - smile, it can often result in a returned smile, and maybe a little happiness, without a word being spoken.

I can't think of a simple answer to selfishness though, it seems to be contageous.

Den

All the Every year s we all have some kind of expectation for the future. For me, it's nice to make plans, to hope for achievements and to imagine what the future will bring. To live planning something (and working for that), makes us feel like we have accomplished many things by the end of the year. And what's a life without accomplishments?
There is nothing better than looking back and seeing what we have done. A little more knowledge, relationships established, experiences, being (a) part of something we can call home, new trips, meeting different cultures and various people... anything that can make us feel grateful for its worth. What I wish for each year, to both me and to all people (this sounds a bit more common)/mankind human kind, is this: don't stop hoping and working for our hopes to become real, being thankful, living more, taking chances...and the most important: being more tolerant with things we think we can't stand. In my humble opinion, what the 21th century needs more is tolerance. Tolerance with people and situations. But of course, tolerance does not come alone. It sounds cliché, but it has a lot to do with practicing Love. May we try to do what we expect people to want us to do. If we want to be loved, let us try to love more, if we want to be respected, let's try to respect, if we want to be a blessed, let us try to bless the lives of others. It does not work otherwise. May we plant good actions and good thoughts for us to bring forth good fruits. And the most important: cheers for Love. May no bad experience make us to stop believing in that feeling. It's good when it is reciprocal, but, if it's not, we know we loved other.

Wow, you've written it really well Isabela! You've used some very good expressions and have only made minor mistakes. I'm glad to see you making such progression!

I think that usually when people are doubtful, they hesitate to strike the other. But when you strike the other person first with your kindness and your good will then the other has a reason (and a bit the obligation!) to strike you back the same way you did! It is a good way to start 2015 with these thoughts you wrote about!

See you Isa! :)

All the years we all have some kind of expectation for the future. For me, it's nice to make plans, hope for achievements, imagine what the future will bring. To live planning something (and working for that), makes us feel like we accomplished many things by the end of the year. And what's a life without accomplishments?
There is nothing better than looking back and seeing what we have done. A little more knowledge, relationships established, experiences, being apart of something we can call home, new trips, meeting different cultures and various people... anything that can make us feel grateful for its worth. What I wish for each year, to both me and to all human kind, is this: don't stop hoping and working for our hopes to be real, being thankful, living more, taking chances...and the most important: being more tolerant with things we think we can't stand. In my humble opinion, what the 21th century needs more is tolerance. Tolerance with people and situations. But of course, tolerance does not come alone. Sounds cliché, but it has a lot to do with practicing Love. May we try to do what we expect people to want us to do. If we want to be loved, let us try to love more, if we want to be respected, let's try to respect, if we want to be a bless, let us try to bless the lives of others. It does not work otherwise. May we plant good actions and good thoughts for us to bring forth good fruits. And the most important: cheers for Love. May no bad experience make us to stop believing in that feeling. It's good when is reciprocal, but, if it's not, I know I loved.