Carlos Suárez
The Letter The maintenance worker of a girls boarding school in Wales was cleaning a chimney when he found a paper. It was in very bad condition and it appeared to be very old. There was something written on it, but he couldn't decipher it. Thinking that it may be important , he gave the paper to the people in charge of the school for them to decide what to do with it. It turned out to be a letter to Santa Claus, written by a former student of that school in the 1920s. On the letter, the girl, who was called Haly, asked for a new dress and a novel about the World War I entitled "Tell England", by Ernest Raymond.As that book was published in 1922, it is believed that the letter must have been written in the 1920s. It remains unknown why the letter to Santa Claus ended up in the chimney. What seems a miracle is that the letter could be for so long in the chimney without being burnt.
Dec 26, 2014 11:53 AM
1

The Letter

The maintenance worker of a A girls boarding school maintenance worker in Wales was cleaning a chimney when he found a piece of paper. It was in very bad condition and it appeared to be very old. There was something written on it, but he couldn't decipher it. Thinking that it may be important , he gave the paper to the people in charge of the school for them to decide what to do with it. It turned out to be a letter to Santa Claus, written by a former student of that school in the 1920s. In the letter, the girl, who was called Haly, asked for a new dress and a novel about the World War I entitled "Tell England", by Ernest Raymond. As that book was published in 1922, it is believed that the letter must have been written in the 1920s. It remains unknown why the letter to Santa Claus ended up in the chimney.
What seems a miracle is that the letter could be for so long in the chimney for so long without being burnt.

The Letter

The maintenance worker of a girls boarding school in Wales was cleaning a chimney when he found a piece of paper. It was in very bad condition and it appeared to be very old. There was something written on it, but he couldn't decipher it. Thinking that it may be important, he gave the paper to the people in charge of the school for them to decide what to do with it. It turned out to be a letter to Santa Claus, written by a former student of that the school in the 1920s. In the letter, the girl, who was called Haly, asked for a new dress and a novel about the World War I entitled "Tell England", by Ernest Raymond. As that book was published in 1922, it is believed that the letter must have been written in the 1920s. It remains unknown why the letter to Santa Claus ended up in the chimney.
What seems a miracle is that the letter could be lasted for so long in the chimney without being burnt.

Again - good stuff Carlos!

The Letter

The maintenance worker of a girls boarding school in Wales was cleaning a chimney when he found a paper. It was in very bad condition and it appeared to be very old. There was something written on it, but he couldn't decipher it. Thinking that it may be important , he gave the paper to the people in charge of the school for them to decide what to do with it. It turned out to be a letter to Santa Claus, written by a former student of that school in the 1920s. On the letter, the girl, who was called Haly, asked for a new dress and a novel about the World War I entitled "Tell England", by Ernest Raymond.As that book was published in 1922, it is believed that the letter must have been written in the 1920s. It remains unknown why the letter to Santa Claus ended up in the chimney.
What seems a miracle is that the letter could survive be for so long in the chimney without being burnt.