Jing
Panda makes my day It’s a good day today. Lovely sun and fresh air made me forget the winter. To enjoy the nice weather, my family made a quick decision--to watch the panda! After a 10-minute drive, we arrived Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, a well-known institution for the preservation of giant pandas in China. It’s a winter day, and the number of pandas walking outside was less than that in warm seasons. I understood that although I felt a little pity that could not see little pandas. Big pandas still gave us a lot of fun. During the lunch time, pandas were busy with eating their food, bamboo, without a second stop. The way they eat bamboo is to hold one partridge and bite several leafs away. Then they stuff their mouths with the bitten leafs. When eating, they have various positions: sitting, walking and even lying on their back. Their lovely actions make every visitor cannot help laughing. After lunch, some of them had a sun bath, and some had a nice sleep. How carefree they were! Sometimes I even forget that they are a kind of endangered animals. But they are. From posters, we can see the health growth of a panda needs scientific breeding. Even so, healthy pandas are rare. Panda, which we call "a living fossil", also reminds us to do more to preserve our planet to make every creature live peacefully and harmonically together. If you have no time to visit in person, please check the website of the Base (http://www.panda.org.cn/english/), and you can find a lot of fun videos about pandas. Enjoy them!
Dec 28, 2014 10:19 AM
2

Panda makes my day

It’s a good day today. Lovely sun and fresh air made me forget the winter. To enjoy the nice weather, my family made a quick decision--to watch the panda!

After a 10-minutes of drive, we arrived to the  Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, a well-known institution for the preservation of giant pandas in China. It’s a winter day, and the number of pandas walking outside was less than that in warm seasons. I understood that although I felt a little pity that could not see little pandas. Big pandas still gave us a lot of fun. During the lunch time, pandas were busy with eating their food, bamboo, without a second stop. The way they eat bamboo is to hold one partridge and bite several leafs away. Then they stuff their mouths with the bitten leafs. When eating, they have various positions: sitting, walking and even lying on their back. Their lovely actions make every visitor cannot help laughing. After lunch, some of them had a sun bath, and some had a nice sleep. How carefree they were! Sometimes I even forget that they are a kind of endangered animals. But they are. From posters, we can see the health growth of a panda needs scientific breeding. Even so, healthy pandas are rare. Panda, which we call "a living fossil", also reminds us to do more to preserve our planet to make help every creatures live peacefully and harmonically all together.

If you have no time to visit in person, please check the website of the Base (http://www.panda.org.cn/english/), and you can find a lot of fun videos about pandas. Enjoy them!

Nice. Thanks for sharing :)