Edison
IELTS writing task2(2014/12/19) Q: Nowadays celebrities are more famous for their glamour and wealth than for their achievements, and this sets a bad example to young people. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? A: It is true that some celebrities famous because their luxury life style or some embarrassing news about their inappropriate behaviors. I personally believe those celebrities would definitely send wrong message to young people; however I also think there are people who would set a role model to teenagers. There are lots of famous people who completely don’t deserve so many attentions from media and mass. A great example of this is that, couple weeks ago, an actress named Kim Kardashian who had a plastic surgery on her butt and suddenly, in that time, so many adolescents were talking about this meaningless news over the internet, but seldom people noticed ESA successfully land their device on the comet. I think this phenomenon would stop young people from considering, acquiring and understanding the truly meaningful news happened around the world. On the other hand, there is still having a lot of models who bring young generation positive influence. For instance, the youngest Nobel Peace Prize winner, Malalah Yusafzay, who fight for the female education issue in the Pakistan, and also had no fear of the threaten from the Pakistani Taliban. Form her story, I believe, adolescents could be encouraged, inspired and thought for their futures. Furthermore, those inspired pupils might treasure their right of being educated and study harder than ever. Overall, I think the most important thing is that the choice of information is decided by audiences. Only if people stop paying their attentions on useless news of awful celebrities, then the society could send more positive messages to encourage young people.
Jan 2, 2015 12:05 PM

IELTS writing task2(2014/12/19)

Q:

Nowadays celebrities are more famous for their glamour and wealth than for their achievements, and this sets a bad example to young people.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

A:

It is true that some celebrities famous because their luxury life style or some embarrassing news about their inappropriate behaviors. I personally believe those celebrities would definitely send wrong message to young people; however I also think there are people who would set a role model to teenagers.

There are lots of famous people who completely don’t deserve so many attentions from media and mass. A great example of this is that, couple weeks ago, an actress named Kim Kardashian who had a plastic surgery on her butt and suddenly, in that time, so many adolescents were talking about this meaningless news over the internet, but seldom people noticed ESA successfully land their device on the comet. I think this phenomenon would stop young people from considering, acquiring and understanding the truly meaningful news happened around the world.

On the other hand, there is still having a lot of models who bring young generation positive influence. For instance, the youngest Nobel Peace Prize winner, Malalah Yusafzay, who fight for the female education issue in the Pakistan, and also had no fear of the threaten from the Pakistani Taliban. From her story, I believe, adolescents could be encouraged, inspired and thought for their futures. Furthermore, those inspired pupils might treasure their right of being educated and study harder than ever.

Overall, I think the most important thing is that the choice of information is decided by audiences. Only if people stop paying their attentions on useless news of awful celebrities, then the society could send more positive messages to encourage young people.

February 27, 2015