Tian Yuan
C5T4 Writing Task1 The table illustrates information about the subway systems in London, Paris, Tokyo, Washington DC, Kyoto and Los Angeles. London has the oldest subway system opened in 1863 and used by 775 million passengers per year, with a route of 394 kilometers. Paris opened its underground railway system in 1900, with the longest route of 199 kilometers, serving 1191 passengers per year. Tokyo is the third that started to run the subway system (in 1927) among the six cities, having the largest annual number of passenger (1927 million) with 155 kilometers route. By contrast, subway systems in Kyoto and Los Angeles are relatively new, but serving only 45 million and 50 million passengers respectively, with only 11 kilometers and 28 kilometers route respectively. Overall, the table shows the subway systems in Kyoto and Los Angeles were opened much later than the other four cities but having shorter routes and fewer passengers.
1

C5T4 Writing Task1

The table illustrates information about the subway systems in London, Paris, Tokyo, Washington DC, Kyoto and Los Angeles.

London has the oldest subway system opened in 1863 and used by 775 million passengers per year, with a route of 394 kilometers. Paris opened its underground railway system in 1900, with the longest route of 199 kilometers, serving 1191 passengers per year. Tokyo was the third City to start a subway system in 1927. It now has the largest annual number of passengers at 1,927 million and 155 kilometers long. By contrast, subway systems in Kyoto and Los Angeles are relatively new, serving 45 million and 50 million passengers respectively, being only 11 kilometers and 28 kilometers long respectively.

Overall, the table shows the subway systems in Kyoto and Los Angeles were opened much later than the other four cities but have shorter overall lengths and fewer passengers.

Although the table describes the "kilometres of route", when trying to describe the table in words I suggest you talk about how "long" the subway system is, rather than the "route". 

The instruction is to summarise the table. So you do not need to list every piece of information in the table. Instead you should talk about the oldest or newest system, the longest or shortest system, and the greatest or least number of passengers. For example I find it interesting that Tokyo has the largest number of passengers but the fourth largest by length of system.

Usually when a number goes over 1,000 million, we will talk about billions. So the Tokyo system has over 1.9 billion passengers per year.

Good work.