Dora S
“If we believe you can, then we can.” - 2015 01 23 I have noticed the same guy telling the same story each Sunday in the English Corner,“My name is ***, my English is bad, I wish I could learn skills about how others improve and make friends here.” Such repeating “humility” made me upset. He could make long talk, he could translate sentences, and he could ask questions in English. I didn’t think he speaks “bad English”. There is no need to emphasize “I am not good at English” again and again, this only indicates he is not a confident guy. I rather admire those who just start conversations with the best effort; no matter they are “good” or “bad” at English. It is important to make the 1st brave and confident step. In the same way, I should stop thinking “I am not good at public-speaking”. I am sure I can handle it after some practice. Confidence is important. If we believe we can do something, then we can always find a way.

“If we believe we can, then we can.” - 2015 01 23

I have noticed the same guy telling the same story each Sunday in the English Corner,“My name is ***, my English is bad, I wish I could learn skills about how others improve and make friends here.”

Such repeating “humility” made me upset. He could make long talk, he could translate sentences, and he could ask questions in English. I didn’t think he speaks “bad English”. There is no need to emphasize “I am not good at English” again and again, this only indicates he is not a confident guy.

I rather admire those who just start conversations with the best effort; no matter they are “good” or “bad” at English. It is important to make the 1st brave and confident step.

In the same way, I should stop thinking “I am not good at public-speaking”. I am sure I can handle it after some practice.

Confidence is important. If we believe we can do something, then we can always find a way.

@ Doaa, thanks
@charlescuy. Generally speaking, I am also not a really confident one, that's why I started noticing such details and I realized nobody loves people without confidence. I should improve also in some aspect.
Maybe you can help this other person to change their story
Really I like your words................... You will be an interesting person in the futurue