Lidia
Hepatitis C: Who pays the new expensive treatment? The European Medicines Agency aproved the use of sofosburir a year ago. It's commercialised with the name of Sovaldi. When it is mixed with other medicine achieves to cure about 90% of Hepatitis C patients. The problem is the price, which is about 30,000 euros and has caused that a lot of Governments consider if they are able to pay such big amount of money for each patient. This position has caused patients organisations indignation, Why is so expensive this treatment? Is it possible to make cheaper its price? The Spanish state financing system cannot afford to provide the new treatment to all Hepatitis C patients, so the State has created a system to choose to whom are going to give it: the patients who have received a tretament but still have a live virus are going to be treated with this medicine, people who are in the list waiting to a transplantation are included too.

Hepatitis C: Who pays the new expensive treatment?

The European Medicines Agency approved the use of sofosburir a year ago. It's commercialised with the name of Sovaldi. When it is mixed with other medicine achieves it manages to cure about 90% of Hepatitis C patients. The problem is the price, which is about 30,000 euros and has caused that a lot of Governments to consider if they are able to pay such big amount of money for each patient. This position has caused patients organisations indignation,
Why is so expensive this treatment so expensive? Is it possible to make cheaper its price cheaper?
The Spanish state financing system cannot afford to provide the new treatment to all Hepatitis C patients, so the State has created a system to choose to whom they are going to give it: the patients who have received a treatment but still have a live virus are going to be treated with this medicine, people who are in the list waiting to on the waiting list for a transplantation are included too.

You could also say:

"it succeeds in curing about 90%" or

"it has been shown to cure about 90%"