sayo
I met my friend. When I felt borning at home on Wendnesday, my friend sent an e-mail to me. Her message was 'shall we meet and talk at a coffeehouse?'. I haven't seen her since last year so I wanted to talk with her and had a lot of news. I met her at a coffeehouse where we felt comfortable. We spent several hours and had a good time. I could hear a lot of happy news from her. After I left there, I felt relaxed and I enjoyed cookingg dinner than usual.
1

I met my friend.

When I felt bored at home on Wednesday, my friend sent an e-mail to me. Her message was 'shall we meet and talk at a coffeehouse?'. I haven't seen her since last year so I wanted to talk with her and had a lot of news.
I met her at a coffeehouse where we felt comfortable. We spent several hours there  and had a good time. I heard a lot of happy news from her. After I left there, I felt relaxed and I enjoyed cooking dinner more than usual.

shallは少し堅苦しいの言葉です。普通に英語で、”want to"をよく使います。しかし、さよさんの文が正しいです。

meet and talkはね、”catch up" 多分さよさんの意味と思います。”catch up"は合いてしゃべるの意味です。”meet" もよく使います。Meetは辞書意味は合うだけです。しかし、しゃべるときに、合うとしゃべるを意味します。

その表現はお久しぶりのことを使えます。

"Shall" is a bit formal in English, so you should be careful when you use it. In this situation, I think you would say want to.  "Shall" and "Won't" are both grammatically correct, but sound very official or formal, or maybe old fashioned? If your friend was being very stiff, then those words work.  

When you want to say that you met and chatted with your friend after a long time apart, you can use "catch up."  The phrase can mean to "catch up" on what has happened in your lives since you last saw each other.  A long separation means you "have a lot of catching up to do."  But, after a week, you can still "catch up" with your friend.

"Meet and talk" is grammatically correct, but again, grammatical and formal can make a sentence sound stiff.  "Meet up" has many meanings, one of which is meet and talk.  It can also be paired with other activities you do when meeting someone at a location. Coffee usually means chat, restaurant usually means dinner, and, a hotel usually means...well, I'm sure you can guess what the other meaning is for that!

1

I met my friend.

When I was feeling bored at home on Wendnesday, my friend sent me an e-mail. Her message was 'shall we meet and talk at a coffeehouse?' I hadn't seen her since last year, so I wanted to talk with her and had a lot of news. We met at a coffeehouse where we both felt comfortable, and spent several hours chatting and having a good time. I heard a lot of good news from her. After I left, I felt very relaxed and I enjoyed cooking dinner more than usual.

Well that's great. That bored day turned into amusement evening. But all credit goes to that email that you've received from your friend.