Max
Would someone help me correct the grammar mistakes in my essay? Thank you in advance! The author of the reading passage argues that Steller's sea cow became extinct because of three reasons mentioned in the reading. The lecturer, meanwhile, refutes that the three reasons given by the reading are not reasonable. To begin with, the reading claims that native Siberian people overhunted the sea cow, which is the main cause of sea cow extinction. The lecturer, however, argues that a Steller's sea cow is a massive animal and people could live on just one sea cow for many months, also the population of navite Siberian people is small, so that people would not have overhunted them. Second, according to the reading, a decline in kelp caused by ecosystems disturbance led to sea cows do not have enough food to survive, which brought about the extinction of sea cow. However, the lectuer counters by stating that if there were ecosystems disturbance, why other animals like whales, whose main food is kelp, were not extinct. Thus, the lectuer thinks that there was no such a food shortage for sea cow then. Finally, to argue against the reading's assertion that European fur traders caused sea cows to extinct, the lectuer asserts that long before European came to the island, the population of sea cows had been small, which means European fur traders did not caused the sea cows to extinct In conclusion, the lecturer firmly believes that other reasons caused sea cows become extinct, and he counters the points made by the reading.
Jan 26, 2015 7:21 AM