Lucia
Without English, you won´t get a degree Why students should have a high level of English to finish their degrees when they have a huge lack of English knowledge due to the low level of English taught in schools from their childhood until their adolescence? Nowadays, government has brought in a new law, which you will not get a degree at least if you do not have an Intermediate level in English. Let me first point out, that it would be a great idea if from their childhood they were learned English in an appropriate way, as well as increasing the level in schools. In addition, there are countries, which students are familiar with English language since they are in the creche and this education is for free. Although in some countries this education is for free knowing English in Spain is quite expensive. If you want to learn it you need to attend private English classes As far as I concerned, before bringing in this law government should take measures in the level of the schools, as well as offering free english courses so that it is impossible to reach the english level, that government is asking for without having a good base.

Without English, you won´t get a degree!

Why students should students have a high level of English to finish their degrees when they have a huge lack of English knowledge due to the low level of English taught in schools from their childhood to their adolescence?

Nowadays, the government has brought in a new law, which stipulates/ states that you will not get a degree at least if you do not have at least an Intermediate level of English.

Let me first point out, that it would have been a great idea if from childhood they were had been taught English in an appropriate way, as well as increasing the level in schools.

In addition, there are countries, in which students are already familiar with the English language since they have learnt it from being in a creche onwards, and this education is for free.

Although in some countries this education is given for free, knowing learning English in Spain is quite expensive. If you want to learn it you need to attend private English classes. 

As far as I am concerned, before bringing in this law the government should have taken measures to improve the teaching in schools prior to it becoming law. The government should be offering free english courses so that it is impossible to reach an intermediate english level. It is impossible for people to achieve this level without first having a good base, which one gets from an early age.

Good Work (I suppose that the government is just trying to address the crisis, and this is a measure which they think will benefit the country in years to come. I agree with you completely, it's unreasonable to expect people to obtain an intermediate level, if you don't have the teachers and syllabus in place to teach it effectively.

Without English, you won´t get a degree

Why students should have a high level of English to finish their degrees when they have a huge lack of English knowledge due to the low level of English taught in schools from their childhood until their adolescence?

Nowadays, the government has enforced a new law, which you will not get a degree at least if you do not have an Intermediate level in English. Let me first point out, that it would be a great idea if from their childhood they were learned English in an appropriate way, as well as increasing the level in schools. In addition, there are countries whose students are familiar with the English language since they are in the <em>(creche?)</em> and this education is for free. Although in some countries this education is for free knowing English in Spain is quite expensive. If you want to learn it you need to attend private English classes.

As far as I'm concerned, before bringing in this law, the government should take measures in the level of the schools, as well as offering free English courses so that it is possible to have a good English level that government is asking for without having a good base.