Helen
A Trial Lesson Well, I've had a trial lesson today. I wanted to talk to a native speaker a long time ago, and, finally, I did it. I said, "I did it"?! A very bold statement. I hardly could remember simplest words, say nothing of tenses. My teachers would be terrified if they listened to it. Well, there is one good thing in this situation though: I liked my italki teacher, I COULD understand what he was saying (not sure, he can say the same about me, ha-ha). Okay, what we've got? A year without any English practice (apart from watching TV series and movies) has led me to this pity result. And the solution is? Obviously, practice, practice, practice, spoken practice first. Well, we'll see what will be next.

A Trial Lesson

Well, I've had a trial lesson today. I wanted to talk to a native speaker a long time ago, and, finally, I did it. I said, "I did it"?! A very bold statement. I hardly could remember simplest words, say nothing of tenses. My teachers would be terrified if they listened to it. Well, there is one good thing in this situation though: I liked my italki teacher, I COULD understand what he was saying (not sure, he can say the same about me, ha-ha).
Okay, what we've got? A year without any English practice (apart from watching TV series and movies) has led me to this pity result. And the solution is? Obviously, practice, practice, practice, spoken practice first.
Well, we'll see what will be next.

I wanted to talk to a native speaker for a long time  - you don't need the "ago" 

I could hardly remember the simplest of words       -  could and then hardly ( remember to switch )

Good Luck!!