The video tutorial method There are many ways of improving your second language. Even if it sounds strange, eating coconuts might be one of them. How? I bought a fresh coconut and, not knowing how to properly open it, I watched this video in English: m.youtube.com/watch?v=oFDePsAqxnI It is the first one that comes out if you write "how to crack a coconut" in the youtube search bar. I could not grasp every word, but the video is so clear that you can understand it even if you can't speak a word in English. Following, more or less, the instructions in the tutorial I could drain the juice and open the nut. Later, with a little help from an online dictionary, I focused on some key expressions: _ hammer: martello _ screwdriver: cacciavite _ bowl: ciotola _ coconut water: latte di cocco _ take your hammer and just tap it around of the entire perimeter of the coconut: prendete il martello e battetelo appena lungo l'intero perimetro della noce di cocco. I understood the rest from the video, eheh. This is how eating a coconut could help me improving my English a little bit. Here is my suggestion: next time you need a video tutorial, try watching it in your second language. Ciao!
Jan 27, 2015 10:47 AM