Terry
Fastest car in the world If there are ten people, there are ten fields of their curiosities. My major in college was organic chemistry. I was curious about the structure of the substances. I wanted to know about them, and also know how to make them into more useful materials. So, I'm working at a lab and do experiments of chemistry. If someone who doesn't have any interest in chemistry knows about my work, he/she may thinks I'm somewhat strange. According to CNN, some engineers are trying to make the fastest car in the world. "http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/04/tech/innovation/make-create-innovate-bloodhound-supersonic-car/index.html" In their plan, the car will run on the ground over 1,000 mph! The speed of the bullet of .44 magnum is 875 mph, calculated with the data from wikipedia (200 gr (13 g) JHP, 391 m/s). I can't believe such a speed. Anyway, I can imagine that if there are some troubles it'll lead a tragedy. Because a huge iron object will run faster than a gun bullet! They must be strange. I can't help but feel sympathy toward to know the 1,000 mph world, and also want to know what they will make next to this project.
1

Fastest car in the world

If there are ten people, there are ten fields of their curiosities that they are curious about. [Different people have different interests/curiosities?]

My major in college was organic chemistry. I was curious about the structure of the substances. I wanted to learn about them, and also know how to make them into more useful materials. So, I'm working at a lab and do experiments of chemistry chemistry experiments. If someone who doesn't have any interest in chemistry knows about my work, he/she may thinks I'm somewhat strange. [I recommend: "Someone who isn't interested in chemistry may think I'm somewhat strange."]

According to CNN, some engineers are trying to make the fastest car in the world. "http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/04/tech/innovation/make-create-innovate-bloodhound-supersonic-car/index.html"

In their plan, the car will run on the ground at over 1,000 mph! The speed of a the bullet of .44 magnum bullet is 875 mph, calculated with the data from wikipedia (200 gr (13 g) JHP, 391 m/s). I can't believe such a speed is possible. Anyway, I can imagine that if there are any troubles it'll lead a tragedy, because a huge iron object will be running faster than a gun bullet!

Those engineers must be strange. I can't help but feel sympathy toward to know the 1,000 mph world [I don't understand?], and also want to know what they will make after this project.

Terry, are you working on your PhD in chemistry? I am an engineer so I am almost as weird as you are.