Lorena
Things that you want to know to become better learner I like neuroscience and learn about the brain. The last month I had learned interesting things about learn process. I had learned this things by watching videos or reading.I'm not a student of neuroscience but I would like to be it. Now, I know that students sometimes we deceive ourselves when we believe that we have learned something already, or we use wrong ways to study. For instance, it's very common to think that if you read a text twice you can learn more. But, it's more effective to stop when you read and test yourself asking about what you can remember about the text without looking the notebook or the book. On the other hand, many people think that study hardly in a large period of time it's effective. But, for all I know, it's more effective to study a topic in different times, in order to let the knowledge have time to install in your brain.
Jan 28, 2015 10:02 PM
1

Things that you want to know to become a better learner

I like neuroscience and learning about the brain. Last month I learnt interesting things about the learning process. I learnt these things by watching videos or reading. I'm not a student of neuroscience but I would like to be.
I know that as students sometimes we deceive ourselves when we believe that we have learnt something already, or we use incorrect ways to study. For instance, it's very common to think that if you read a text twice you can learn more. But it's more effective to stop when you read, and test yourself, asking what you can remember about the text without looking at the notebook or book.

On the other hand, many people think that studying for a long period of time is effective. But, for all I know, it's more effective to study a topic at different times, in order to let the knowledge have time to sink into your brain.

1

Things that you want to know to become better learner

I like neuroscience and learning about the brain. The Last month, I had learned some interesting things about the learning process. I had learned this these things by watching videos or and reading. I'm not a student of neuroscience but I would like to be it.
Now, I know that us students sometimes we deceive ourselves when we believe that we have learned something already, or we use the wrong ways to study. For instance, it's very common to think that if you read a text twice you can learn more. but, it's more effective to stop when you read and test yourself asking about what you can remember about from the text without looking at the notebook or the book.

On the other hand, many people think that studying hardly in a large period of time it's is effective. but, for all I know, it's more effective to study a topic in at different times in order to let the knowledge have time to (install in your brain)-English speakers would say "...have time to sink in".