Danxia-Adults&Kids
Professional Teacher
“还是”和“或者” “hái shì ”hé “huò zhě ” “还是” 和 “或者” : or and or “hái shì ”hé “huò zhě ” “还是”和“或者”都是连词,用在句子里并列的几项中表示选择关系。它们的不同点是: As conjunctions, the two words are both used to indicate a couple of coordinate alternatives in a sentence.But they are different in the following points: “还是”用于疑问句,多用于口语,“或者”用于陈述句,多用于书面语。 “hái shì” is used in questions, and mostly in spoken language. “huò zhě” is used in declarative sentence, and mostly in writings. Eg: "还是"---- 你去上海还是去广州? "hái shì "---- nǐ qù shàng hǎi hái shì qù guǎng zhōu ? Do you go to Shanghai or Guangzhou? “或者”---- 今天去,或者明天去,都可以。----jīn tiān qù ,huò zhě míng tiān qù ,dōu kě yǐ 。 You can go today or tomorrow. Now you try! :D Fill in the following blanks with "还是" or "或者" 1. 你今天买票_______明天买票? Do you buy tickets today or tomorrow? nǐ jīn tiān mǎi piào __míng tiān mǎi piào ? 2. 今天买票________明天买票,都可以。 It's both ok to buy the tickets today or tomorrow. jīn tiān mǎi piào __míng tiān mǎi piào ,dōu kě yǐ 。 3. 今天是他的生日,你送蛋糕____巧克力?Today is his birthday, do you give cake or chocolate as the present? jīn tiān shì tā shēng rì ,nǐ sòng dàn gāo ____qiǎo kè lì?
Jan 29, 2015 4:40 AM

“还是”和“或者” “hái shì ”hé “huò zhě ”

“还是” 和 “或者” : or and or
“hái shì ”hé “huò zhě ”

“还是”和“或者”都是连词,用在句子里并列的几项中表示选择关系。它们的不同点是:
As conjunctions, the two words are both used to indicate a couple of coordinate alternatives in a sentence.But they are different in the following points:
“还是”用于疑问句,多用于口语,“或者”用于陈述句,多用于书面语。
“hái shì” is used in questions, and mostly in spoken language. “huò zhě” is used in declarative sentence, and mostly in writings.

Eg: "还是"---- 你去上海还是去广州? "hái shì "---- nǐ qù shàng hǎi hái shì qù guǎng zhōu ?
Do you go to Shanghai or Guangzhou?
“或者”---- 今天去,或者明天去,都可以。----jīn tiān qù ,huò zhě míng tiān qù ,dōu kě yǐ 。
You can go today or tomorrow.

Now you try! :D
Fill in the following blanks with "还是" or "或者"
1. 你今天买票_______明天买票? Do you buy tickets today or tomorrow?
nǐ jīn tiān mǎi piào __míng tiān mǎi piào ?
2. 今天买票________明天买票,都可以。 It's both ok to buy the tickets today or tomorrow.
jīn tiān mǎi piào __míng tiān mǎi piào ,dōu kě yǐ 。
3. 今天是他的生日,你送蛋糕____巧克力?Today is his birthday, do you give cake or chocolate as the present?
jīn tiān shì tā shēng rì ,nǐ sòng dàn gāo ____qiǎo kè lì?

1. 还是

2. 或者

3. 还是