Lidia
The diet for reader habit acquisition Reading before going to sleep, going to a library to lend some book or exchange some novels with friends are activities included in the Educational Departament "diet" for Primary and Secundary students to acquire the reader habit. The diet is part of the reading stimulus project which is being aplied at schools with the objective to improve the understanding reading. Each school applies the project in a different way. My school have shopping trolleys with books classified for levels. Catalan and Spanish subject teacjers bring it to the classroom once a week and let students to choose what they want to read. In the Secundary shool in front of us, every day have 30 minutes dedicated to reading and the timetable change every day to not affect to the same subject. During the 30 minutes the students cah choose their reading but the silence has to be completed, no noise and even the teaher reads. Comics are allowed, sports newspapers too. Not matter what you are reading, but read! seems to be the motto of this activity

The "diet"  for aquiring the habit of reading habit acquisition

Reading before going to sleep, going to a library to borrow lend some books or exchanging some novels with friends are activities which are included in the Educational Departament's "diet" for Primary and Secondary students in order to help them acquire the habit of reading. habit. The diet is part of the reading stimulus project which is being applied at schools with the objective to improve reading comprehension. the understanding reading.
Each school operates this applies the project differently. in a different way. My school has shopping trolleys with books which are organized classified for different levels. Catalan and Spanish subject teachers bring it to their classrooms once a week and let students to choose what they want to read.
In The Secondary school, which is in front of us, dedicates  every day have 30 minutes every day dedicated to reading but and the timetable changes daily so as every day to not to affect to the same subjects. During this 30 minutes, the students can choose what they would like to their reading but the silence must be maintained has to be completed, no noise and even the teacher reads. Comics are allowed as are sports newspapers. too.
"It does not matter what you are reading, but read!" seems to be the motto of this activity.

What an excellent idea!  With all the technological distractions and texting that takes place now it seems as if the art of reading is being lost by our children.

The diet for reader habit acquisition

Reading before going to sleep, going to a library to lend borrow some books or exchanging some novels with friends are activities included in the Educational Departament's "diet" for Primary and Secondary students to acquire the reader reading habit. The diet is part of the reading stimulus project which is being applied at schools with the objective to improve the understanding reading comprehension.
Each school applies the project in a different way. My school have has shopping trolleys with books classified for different levels. Catalan and Spanish subject teacjers bring it to the classroom once a week and let students to choose what they want to read.
In the Secondary shool in front of us, every day they have 30 minutes dedicated to reading and the timetable changes every day to not affect to cover the same subject. During the 30 minutes the students can choose their reading but the silence has to be completed, no noise and even the teacher reads. Comics are allowed, sports newspapers too.
Not matter what you are reading, but just read! seems to be the motto of this activity

Very good.

You can say either "let students choose" or "allow students to choose".

You can say "No matter what you are reading" or "It does not matter what you are reading"