Lihyang
My opinion on the claim that don't learn English from grammar books. I often run into native English speakers supposing their claim that learning grammar doesn't do any good for improving English. They it's boring and some give analogy that musicians who don't know music theory. But the example the person gave was the singer in popular music industry, and not a person like opera singer or in classic music industry. You know most singers in popular music industry don't need to know musical theory or learn how to sing because almost everyone knows how to sing without even learning that and what makes them different from other people is that their uniqueness, whether in voice, appearance or performance to gain public attention. Picking up on the main topic that learning grammar to learn English. My idea is that if English learners are not in a English speaking country and were born in non-English speaking country, they need to learn English grammar inevitably at some point to step up their notch. People who don't need to learn English have plenty of people speaking fine English around them. They can learn without learning it naturally because it's their mother tongue or they were exposed to the environment since so young that they could grow up as a natural bilingual person. Most of non-native English teachers in schools are not as fluent as native English speakers or have full grasp of English language. They lecture English courses but it's not that they can fully explain or understand all the grammar in a book, and the lecture doesn't revolve around English grammar. The textbooks at schools include English reading comprehension and some conversation skills and listening, but grammar explanation is not not good enough. This method helps though a certain point, then the learners struggles to get to another level. This is because, in my opinion, learning English without learning grammar makes the learners weak at choosing prepositions and putting words into sentences. They learn how to interpret superficially even with the lack of detailed knowledge or experience in speaking English to complement the knowledge required. Thus, to get out of the stagnant stage, English learners in non-speaking English country have to go through learning English grammar, reading up a grammar book. This way allows them to learn overall scheme of English, where to work on when they're stuck with accompany various sources they can find on the internet
2

My opinion on the claim not to learn English from grammar books.

I often run into native English speakers supposing their claim that learning grammar doesn't do any good for improving English. They think it's boring and some give analogy about musicians who don't know music theory. But the example the person gave was a singer in the popular music industry, and not a person like an opera singer or in the classical music industry. You know most singers in the popular music industry don't need to know musical theory or learn how to sing because almost everyone knows how to sing without even learning that and what makes them different from other people is that their uniqueness, whether in voice, appearance or performance to gain public attention.

Picking up on the main topic about learning grammar to learn English. My idea is that if English learners are not in a English speaking country and were born in non-English speaking country, they need to learn English grammar inevitably at some point to step up their notch. People who don't need to learn English have plenty of people speaking fine English around them. They can learn without learning it naturally because it's their mother tongue or they were exposed to the environment since so young that they could grow up as a natural bilingual person.

Most of non-native English teachers in schools are not as fluent as native English speakers or don't have a full grasp of the English language. They lecture English courses but it's not that they can fully explain or understand all the grammar in a book, and the lecture doesn't revolve around English grammar. The textbooks at schools include English reading comprehension and some conversation skills and listening, but grammar explanation is not not good enough. This method helps to a certain point, then the learners struggles to get to another level. This is because, in my opinion, learning English without learning grammar makes makes learners weak at choosing prepositions and putting words into sentences. They learn how to interpret superficially even with the lack of detailed knowledge or experience in speaking English to complement the knowledge required.

Thus, to get out of the stagnant stage, English learners in non-speaking English country have to go through learning English grammar, reading up a grammar book. This way allows them to learn the overall scheme of English, what to work on when they're stuck with accompany and various sources they can find on the internet

I agree with your opinion completely. It's fine to avoid grammar if you grow up in the country. I've encountered many students who can hold a conversation but have very big gaps in their grammar knowledge. This causes them to repeatetly make the same mistakes because they don't understand why it's wrong. 

I agree completely. Learning grammar is essential, how you learn it is up to you.