Agustí
Is it worth saving money in Spain? This is a true story that happened in Spain. An old friend of mine called Josep spent all his life saving money in order to have a pleasant old age. Another friend called Dieguito wasted all his savings in parties, drinks, travels and had an amusing life. Both, Josep and Dieguito, had been working in the same factory for the whole life. When they got old and became disable to life on their own, they asked to join in a residence for seniors. Josep asked first in a public one which was subsidized by the government and was cheaper, but the residence denied his request because he had incomes in the bank. He had to pay a private and expensive one. Few months later, Dieguito did the same procedures and he was accepted in the cheaper residence. After that real case, is it worth saving money in Spain?
1

Is it worth saving money in Spain?

This is a true story that happened in Spain. An old friend of mine called Josep spent all his life saving money in order to have a pleasant old age. Another friend called Dieguito wasted all his savings on parties, drinks, travels and had an amusing life. Both Josep and Dieguito had been working in the same factory for their whole life. When they got old and became disable unable to live on their own, they asked to join in a residence for seniors. Josep asked first for a place in a public one which was subsidized by the government and was cheaper, but the residence denied his request because he had incomes in the bank. He had to pay for a private and expensive one. A few months later, Dieguito did the same procedures and he was accepted into the cheaper residence. After hearing that real life scenario, one would ask/question, is it worth saving money for retirement in Spain?

Really? This policy seems encourage people to have fun.