Evgeny
Cook plov, Part 1 Let’s cook an Uzbek plov. What is plov? Classical Uzbek plov is the dish that contains crumbly rice, meat, carrot, onion and spices. Also it is very ancient tradition, a bit of magic and a lot of calories. And a lot of flavor and taste that will force you forget about any that stupid calories that you eaten. A bit of theory for begins. What do we need? 1. A cauldron (kazan). The best choice is an iron thick-walled kazan that has hemisphere or near shape. Minimal value is 3 liters, but 5 liters will be better. 2. Rice. Rice must be medium-starched. Choose rounded-seeds rice with semitransparent seeds. White seeds are not that you needs. 3. Spices. Classical spices mix for a plov consist of jeera seeds, coriander seeds and barberry or sour raisins. 4. Meat. We need a beef or a lamb. 5. Carrot. 6. Onion. 7. Vegetable oil. The best choice is cotton-seeds oil. If you haven’t it, you can use sunflower-seeds oil. 8. About two hours of free time. 9. A good story for your neighbors that will ask you about amazing flavor wafting from your kitchen.