VICKY.ZENG
Beef in China. In China,we like to eat beef as the same as the western. But we may not eat steak as usual as the western does. I studied in Guangzhou city before. At those time,I started knowing that there are not everywhere have the high quality beef in China. In the city like Guangzhou,most of beef are frozen.it would be tasked dry and it is unhealthy. But in my hometown,people very care about the quality of meat every much. People requied the fresh meat and vegetables. We don't like to eat the frozen food,pre-prepared food,processed food. I think the way that people in our hometown eat and consume food is a lot better than in other cities. We pursue the natural food and the natural way of cooking. There are all foodies in our place I guess. We usually eat beef by hot pot. Hot pot is a traditional cooking way in China. Also in our place. When the soup in the pot getting hot,we put the beef in it. The most important thing is it can't put the beef in the hot soup too long. Just less than one minute,you must to scoop the meat up from the soup. So that the beef could be juicy and tender. Sometimes we don't like the beef well done. We eat them medium rare. We also fry the beef with some vegetables. That taskes delicious too. Even though I don't live in a super city,but I eat the top quality food. For me, natural means healthy. I enjoy the way we eat. Recent years,more and more big cities like Guangzhou.shenzhen also have some beef hot pot restaurants,and most of them are running by our hometown'people. It seems like our beef coming to be a brand. I am so pride of that. Don't forget to eat some lettuce. It is suitable for beef and healthy.
Jan 30, 2015 5:48 PM

Beef in China.

In China, we like to eat beef just as Western people do. But, unlike Western people, we don't usually eat steak.

I studied in Guangzhou city before. At that time, I realised that not everywhere in China has high quality beef. In cities like Guangzhou, most beef is frozen; it tastes dry and is unhealthy. But in my hometown, people care about the quality of meat very much. People need fresh meat and vegetables- we don't like to eat frozen food, pre-prepared food, or processed food. I think the way that people in our hometown eat and consume food is a lot better than in other cities. We pursue the natural way of cooking, with natural food. We are all foodies in my town, I guess.

We usually eat beef by hot pot. Hot pot is a traditional cooking method in China, and our town is no different. When the soup in the pot gets hot, we put the beef in. The most important thing is that you can't leave the beef in the hot soup for too long. Just less than one minute, then you must scoop the meat up from the soup, so that the beef is juicy and tender.

Sometimes we don't like the beef to be well done- we eat it medium rare. We also fry the beef with some vegetables- that tastes delicious too. Even though I don't live in a huge city, I eat top quality food. For me, natural means healthy. I enjoy the way we eat. In recent years, more and more big cities like Guangzhou and Shenzhen also have some beef hot pot restaurants, and most of them are run by people from our hometown.

It seems like our beef is becoming a brand, and I'm so proud of that. Don't forget to eat some lettuce! It's healthy and goes well with beef.