eric
flashcard I would like to write a flashcard for english speakers who want to learn french. I would be glad if any english native speaker could correct my english :) (even if you don't know anything about french, I just want my english to be corrected) thanks by advance I have noticed trough my lessons that how to use the word "plus" in french is pretty much tricky for people who learn french. I would like to try to explain briefly how to get rid of this issue. First of all you have to know that there is two different "plus" # "Plus" = "more" or "plus" in this "plus" final s is pronounced "J'en veux plus" = I want more" , " deux plus deux égal quatre" = "two plus two are four" # "plus" = "anymore", "no longer" in this plus final s is NOT pronounced " Je n'en veux plus" = "I don't want anymore", "Il ne m'apartient plus" = "it no longer belongs to me" The tricky point is that we frequently say in coloquial language:" j'en veux plus" (without pronoucing the final s). It actually means "I don't want anymore". Using a correct langage we should say in this case "je N'EN veux plus". I hope this will be helpfull :)
1

Flashcards

I would like to write flashcards for English speakers who want to learn French. I would be glad if a native English speaker could correct my English. :) (Even if you don't know anything about French, I just want my English to be correct.) Thanks in advance! 

I have noticed through my lessons that the way to use the word "plus" in French is pretty tricky for people who are learning French. I would like to try to explain briefly how to solve this issue.

First of all, you have to know that there are two different forms of "plus."

#1 "Plus" = meaning "more" or "plus" (as in English).  For this form of "plus" in French, the final letter "s" is pronounced. Some examples:
"J'en veux plus" = I want more" , "deux plus deux égal quatre" = "two plus two are four."

#2 "plus" = meaning "any more", or "no longer."  In this form of "plus," the final letter "s" is NOT pronounced. 
"Je n'en veux plus" = "I don't want any more", "Il ne m'apartient plus" = "it no longer belongs to me."

The tricky point with form #2 is that we frequently say in coloquial language:" j'en veux plus" (without pronoucing the final s). When we say this, it actually means, "I don't want any more." Using correct grammar, we should say in this case, "je N'EN veux plus".

I hope this will be helpful! :)

1

flashcard

I would like to write a flashcard for english speakers who want to learn french. I would be glad if any english native speaker could correct my english :) (even if you don't know anything about french, I just want my english to be corrected) thanks by in advance

I have noticed through my lessons that how using the word "plus" in french is pretty much tricky for people who are learning french. I would like to try to explain briefly how to get rid of this issue.

First of all, you have to know that there are two different "plus"

# "Plus" = "more" or "plus" in this "plus" the final s is pronounced
"J'en veux plus" = I want more" , " deux plus deux égal quatre" = "two plus two equals four"

# "plus" = "anymore", "no longer" in this plus the final s is NOT pronounced
" Je n'en veux plus" = "I don't want anymore", "Il ne m'apartient plus" = "it no longer belongs to me"

The tricky point is that we frequently say in coloquial language:" j'en veux plus" (without pronoucing the final s). It actually means "I don't want anymore". Using a correct langage we should say in this case "je N'EN veux plus".

I hope this will be helpfull :)

(I agree with Christine's corrections,  but here are a few small points.)

I would be grateful if any.....

I have noticed through my lessons that how to use the word "plus"... (Actually this is okay, but if two native speakers didn't like it, maybe you should avoid it.  Both of the corrections are also okay.)

I would like to try to explain briefly how to resolve/solve this issue.

First of all you have to know that there are two different forms/uses of "plus" 

The tricky point is that in colloquial language we frequently say (Your sentence was correct, but this sounds less awkward.)

I hope this will be helpful  (grateful/beautiful/successful/etc)

Again, this was very useful.  Thank you.