Huyền
"Dong Ho painting"- My first presentation part 2 The making of Dong Ho painting used to be the tradition of the whole village, but the fact has changed. The last point I am mentioning to you the present development of Dong Ho painting. Before 1945, there were 150 households in the village making paintings. However the tradition fades rapidly under the dominance of modern life. Dong Ho paintings are gradually disappearing from the Tet holiday. The principal buyers of the paintings are tourists who are interested in traditional art. At the moment, there are only two households in the village keep making paintings. There have been several efforts made in order to preserve this folk art form. In 2008, a Dong Ho painting centre was established by Mr. Nguyen Dang Che- one of the two craftsmen in the village- to maintain the precious national tradition. So, that completes my presentation. Let me summarise the main issues. Dong Ho painting is a genre of Vietnamese folk paintings stemming from Dong Ho village. It is an unique art form with the very own materials along with meaningful themes. However, the tradition of making paintings is gradually fading. Therefore, I have told you my little knowledge about it with the hope that more and more people will be aware of it so we can together preserve our valuable national heritage. Thank you for listening!
Jan 31, 2015 7:52 AM