Mihaela
Reading Memoirs Books are an astonishing treasure that people leave behind, whether if it's poetry, prose or even theatre plays. It's amazing how many stories there are and how many styles writers develop. There were times when I was more into the first-person narrative mode and other times when I preferred the third-person narrative mode. It maybe depends on the book. If I was interested in a certain character, I'd love to see their own vision and thoughts on the story, but if I was interested in the whole story, a neutral narrator would help me more. No matter what the vision of the narrator is, books are amazing and they don't even tell 100% real stories. Well... except for memoirs. I've been recently discovering that diaries are so nice to read and so touching, especially if they come from someone you deeply respect. Reading them is like seeing behind the scenes and sometimes they turn out to be different than what you expected. When one hears about a famous person, they will always think that their lives must be some sort of a brilliant pile of interesting thoughts and activities they do and not frustrated at all. But it's actually not true. All the good creations come from a lot of effort, dedication and even sacrifice at times. No good book was written by someone who didn’t try to get out of their comfort zone and to experience different things. People will never start writing a book after scrolling down on Facebook or Twitter. So, brilliant people have very interesting and intriguing diaries, such as Anne Frank's, which became famous - mostly for the Nazi genocide, but also for telling the story of a young girl growing up around books and people. I am now reading Leo Tolstoy's diary and I find it motivating and like a connection between past and present, between his mentality and mine and between an honest teacher and a little pupil in search for various content.
Jan 31, 2015 7:28 PM
1

<em>Reading Memoirs</em>

<em>Books are an astonishing treasure that people leave behind, whether if it's poetry, prose or even theatre plays. It's amazing how many stories there are and how many styles writers develop. There were times when I was more into the first-person narrative mode and other times when I preferred the third-person narrative mode. It maybe depends on the book. If I was interested in a certain character, I'd love to see their own vision and thoughts on the story, but if I was interested in the whole story, a neutral narrator would help me more. </em>

<em>No matter what the vision of the narrator is, books are amazing and they don't even tell 100% real stories. Well... except for memoirs. I've been recently discovering that diaries are so nice to read and so touching, especially if they come from someone you deeply respect. Reading them is like seeing behind the scenes and sometimes they turn out to be different than what you expected. When one hears about a famous person, they will always think that their lives must be some sort of a brilliant pile of interesting thoughts and activities they do and not frustrated at all. But it's actually not true. All the good creations come from a lot of effort, dedication and even sacrifice at times. No good book was written by someone who didn’t try to get out of their comfort zone and to experience different things. People will never start writing a book after scrolling down on Facebook or Twitter. So, brilliant people have very interesting and intriguing diaries, such as Anne Frank's, which became famous - mostly for the Nazi genocide, but also for telling the story of a young girl growing up around books and people. </em>
<em></em>

<em>I am now reading Leo Tolstoy's diary and I find it motivating and like a connection between past and present, between his mentality and mine and between an honest teacher and a little pupil in search for various content.</em>

<em>
</em>

Changes made are in red (don't look too hard)

I saw the other guy's comment that it wasn't worth correcting anything, and he's right. Bravo!

I'm always happy to encourage people to read, as I also like to be encouraged to do it. :)
You had so few errors that I saw no point correcting them and instead enjoyed a good read; your take on memoirs and books have encouraged me to read more! So thanks. :)