Javier
Car shop Today I went to the car shop to fix the brakes of my car, my brother came with me, the {mecánico} made a list of the parts to give me the final cost to correct the problem, it was 1250 Mexican pesos, that was some expensive but I said yes with that, then my brother and I went to a little restaurant to lunch, my brother ordered eggs with Mexican sausage and {tortillas} in Mexico this dish is called "huevos rancheros", I chose other dish that is called "chilaquiles montados", to drink both asked for Cokes, after that we walked around the neighborhood until the car was ready. It tooks around 2 hours and that was boring, but I feel happy because my car now is more safe.
Jan 31, 2015 9:00 PM
1

Car shop

Today I went to the car shop to fix the brakes of my car. My brother came with me; the mechanic made a list of the parts to give me the final cost to correct the problem {this is called a quote: so you could say, "the mechanic gave me a quote of how much the repair would cost"}, it was 1250 Mexican pesos, which was pretty expensive but I agreed to it. Then my brother and I went to a little restaurant for lunch. My brother ordered eggs with Mexican sausage and tortillas {we also call them tortillas in English}. In Mexico this dish is called "huevos rancheros". I chose another dish that is called "chilaquiles montados", to drink we both asked for Cokes to drink; after that we walked around the neighborhood until the car was ready. It tooks around 2 hours and that was boring, but I feel happy because my car now is more safe.

Nice job! It looks like a lot of corrections, but it is really just some very small mistakes. One thing I would work on is punctuation (commas, periods, etc.). Your original version was all one very long run-on sentence. When you talk, you perhaps don't always hear the difference, but when you write, it is best to use a period and start a new sentence for each new thought, instead of joining them all with commas. But overall this was very well written!

1

Car shop

Today I went to the car shop to fix the brakes of my car, my brother came with me, the mechanic made a list of the parts in order to give me the final cost to correct the problem of repairs. It was 1250 Mexican pesos, It was some very expensive, but I said yes with that, and then my brother and I went to a little restaurant to for lunch, my brother ordered eggs with Mexican sausage and tortillas. In Mexico this dish is called "huevos rancheros". I chose another dish that is called "chilaquiles montados". To drink we both asked for Cokes, and after that we walked around the neighborhood until the car was ready. It tooks around 2 hours and that was boring, but I feel happy because my car now is more safe.

1

Car shop

Today I went to the car shop with my brother to get my car's brakes fixed.  The mechanic made a list of the parts to give me the final cost to correct the problem.  It was 1250 Mexican pesos, which was expensive but I said yes.  Then my brother and I went to a little restaurant for lunch, where my brother ordered eggs with Mexican sausage and {tortillas} which in Mexico is called "huevos rancheros".  I chose another dish that is called "chilaquiles montados", and to drink we both asked for Cokes. After that we walked around the neighborhood until the car was ready. It took around 2 hours and that was boring, but I feel happy now because my car is safer.