Jd_arq
Using new expressions, idioms,... today: Be that as it may... Examples of how to use the expression: Be that as it may... 1. Be that as it may, it has happened and we have to work it out. 2. It's raining a lot. Be that as it may, I'll go out tonight. 3. The financial situation in Spain it's really bad. Be that as it may, we'll try to overcome that making our best.
Jan 31, 2015 9:39 PM
2

Using new expressions, idioms,... today: Be that as it may...

Examples of how to use the expression: Be that as it may...

1. Be that as it may, it has happened and we have to work it out.
2. It's raining a lot. Be that as it may, I'll go out tonight.
3. The financial situation in Spain it's really bad. Be that as it may, we'll try to overcome that by doing our best.

numéro dos, es correcto grammaticalemente, pero la formula es raro en ingles.

Lo mejor es que tu digas Even though it is raining, I will still go out tonight.

February 1, 2015
Thanks for your help tooth! ;)
February 2, 2015
I agree totally with Oliver's explanation. This expression is rather old fashioned and is rarely heard in modern day English. More commonly used connectors would be "however, nevertheless, but, although". I hope this helps!
February 1, 2015
Thanks Oliver! ;)
It's a way to connect two concepts that at first seem like they should not coexist. For example, in sentence 2, you would think that people will not go out if it's raising. So "be that as it may" connects these two concepts by saying they are happening at the same time, even though it seems they should not. Another way to say it is "even though", or "regardless".