My Latest English Lesson on Italki It's been about two months since my last English lesson on Italki. This time, the teacher helped me with my prounciation because I keep mispronouncing some words. For example, I had to read a text and it said "the cheeks" but the teacher heard "the chicks". Even though, I studied the English phonics last year and studied how to pronounce the long and short vowels, my English is still poor. The teacher also talked me about the stress on words. I have to admit that I have never cared about stressing words because it's already hard for me to pronounce every word correctly and I have to speak at a very slow pace. Unfortunately, speaking English well is a must when it comes to looking for a job, even though I live in a country where only 5% of people speak English fluently, and sometimes my poor English makes me feel frustrated. When I did my undergraduate program, a teacher of mine used to say that the only way that foreigners can respect you as a Colombian is by speaking their language fluently, which makes me feel even more frustrated. I will give it a try to one of those softwares that claim to be good for improving one's pronounciation.
Feb 1, 2015 1:50 AM
1

My Latest English Lesson on Italki

It's been about two months since my last English lesson on Italki. This time, the teacher helped me with my prounciation because I keep mispronouncing some words. For example, I had to read a text and it said "the cheeks" but the teacher heard "the chicks". Even though, I studied the English phonics last year and studied how to pronounce the long and short vowels, my English is still poor. The teacher also talked me about the stress on words. I have to admit that I have never cared about stressing words because it's already hard for me to pronounce every word correctly and I have to speak at a very slow pace.
Unfortunately, speaking English well is a must when it comes to looking for a job, even though I live in a country where only 5% of the people speak English fluently, and sometimes my poor English makes me feel frustrated. When I did my undergraduate program, a teacher of mine used to say that the only way that foreigners can respect you as a Colombian is by speaking their language fluently, which made me feel even more frustrated.
That being said, I will give it a try to one of those softwares that claim to be good for improving one's pronounciation a try.

My Latest English Lesson on Italki

It's been about two months since my last English lesson on Italki. This time, the teacher helped me with my pronunciation because I kept (Remember not to mix tenses -- the teacher helped... because you kept) mispronouncing some words. For example, I had to read a text and it text that said "the cheeks" but the teacher heard "the chicks". Even though, (The comma shouldn't be there) I studied the English phonics last year and studied how to pronounce the long and short vowels, my English is still poor. The teacher also talked to me about the stress on words. I have to admit that I have never cared about stressing words because it's already hard for me to pronounce every word correctly and I have to speak at a very slow pace.
Unfortunately, speaking English well is a must when it comes to looking for a job, even though I live in a country where only 5% of the people speak English fluently, and sometimes my poor English makes me feel frustrated. When I did my undergraduate program, a teacher of mine used to say that the only way that foreigners can respect you as a Colombian is by speaking their language fluently, which made (You felt frustrated when the teacher said it -- both verbs need to be in the past) me feel even more frustrated.
I will give it a try to try one of those software programs (software isn't plural) that claim to be good for improving one's pronounciation.