Nancy Wang
翻译练习 -- yet another one! 1、Sorry, I forgot all about it. 对不起,我把这事完全忘了。 2、Excuse me, but can I make a phone call? 不好意思,我可以打个电话吗? 3、He came to the sportsground at 8:00, though the sports meet wouldn’t begin until 9:00. 他在8点就来了球场,尽管(即使?)运动会在9点才开始。 4、It is only today that I have the chance to visit this building, though I have often heard about it. 我今天才有机会来参观这个建筑,即使(尽管?)我常常把它听说过。 5、Xiao Zhang is not in. He has just gone out, but will be back in a minute. 小张不在,他刚才出去了,可是等一分钟他就要回来。 6、I’m not going in, but could you tell him that we are going to visit the Palace Museum tomorrow? 我就不进去,但是你可以告诉他我们明天会到故宫去吗? 7、Last month, my brother bought me two Chinese novels. I’ve sent one to my sister. 上个月我哥哥买给我两本中文小说,然后我把一本送给我姐姐了。 8、If buses are too crowded, we’ll go by bike. 要是公交车太拥挤的话,那我们就骑脚踏车吧。
Feb 1, 2015 3:52 AM

翻译练习 -- yet another one!

1、Sorry, I forgot all about it. 对不起,我把这事完全忘了。

2、Excuse me, but can I make a phone call? 不好意思,我可以打个电话吗?

3、He came to the sportsground at 8:00, though the sports meet wouldn’t begin until 9:00. 他在8点就来了球场,尽管(即使?)运动会在9点才开始。
即使 = even if

尽管 = though/even though

4、It is only today that I have the chance to visit this building, though I have often heard about it. 我今天才有机会来参观这个建筑,即使(尽管?)我常常把它听说过

5、Xiao Zhang is not in. He has just gone out, but will be back in a minute. 小张不在,他刚才出去了,可是等一分钟他就要回来。

6、I’m not going in, but could you tell him that we are going to visit the Palace Museum tomorrow? 我就不进去,但是你可以告诉他我们明天会到故宫去吗?

Does “going in” mean to go into the Palace Museum?

7、Last month, my brother bought me two Chinese novels. I’ve sent one to my sister. 上个月我哥哥买给我两本中文小说,然后我把其中一本送给我姐姐了。

It's hard for me to explain why 其中 is necessary here. However, without it, the sentence wouldn't sound very natural to me.

8、If buses are too crowded, we’ll go by bike. 要是公交车太拥挤的话,那我们就骑脚踏车吧。

翻译练习 -- yet another one!

4、It is only today that I have the chance to visit this building, though I have often heard about it. 我今天才有机会来参观这个建筑,即使(尽管?)我常常把它听说过听说过它

5、Xiao Zhang is not in. He has just gone out, but will be back in a minute. 小张不在,他刚才出去了,可是等一分钟他就要回来但是他会在一分钟之内回来

7、Last month, my brother bought me two Chinese novels. I’ve sent one to my sister. 上个月我哥哥买给我两本中文小说,然后我把一本给我姐姐了。

while you are writing a sentence, you should pay attention to your grammar,but when you are practising speaking a language, you'd better not focus on that.
不错

翻译练习 -- yet another one!

1、Sorry, I forgot all about it. 对不起,我把这事完全忘了。 (No problem, it's excellent.)

2、Excuse me, but can I make a phone call? 不好意思,我可以打个电话吗? (No problem, it's excellent.) But ordinary Chinese people are not as polite as you think, especially among family mumbers and close friends. For example, my parents have never said a "thank you" to me in life.  

However we might be polite when we are facing a group of strangers, such as participating a friend's wedding or a academic conference where there are some people you have never met before. On those occasions, Chinese people might be POLITE. In my workplace, none of colleagues would say "不好意思,我可以打个电话吗?" before making a call.

3、He came to the sportsground at 8:00, though the sports meet wouldn’t begin until 9:00. 他在8点就来了球场,尽管(即使?)(可是)运动会在9点才开始。

Chinese language is not as strict as English, in terms of grammar. Most of time, conjuctions can be omitted, especailly in daily speaking. So you can "可是" here, or you can put those two parts of the sentence together without any conjunctions. Spoken language tend not to use it, I'd say.

4、It is only today that I have the chance to visit this building, though I have often heard about it. 我今天才有机会来参观这个建筑,即使(尽管?)我常常把它听说过尽管)之前常听说过它

5、Xiao Zhang is not in. He has just gone out, but will be back in a minute. 小张不在,他刚才出去了,可是(不过)等一分钟他就要回来。

6、I’m not going in, but could you tell him that we are going to visit the Palace Museum tomorrow? 我就不进去但是你可以告诉他我们明天会到故宫去吗? Just as a said before, you can omit the conjuction "但是" here. 

7、Last month, my brother bought me two Chinese novels. I’ve sent one to my sister. 上个月我哥哥买给我给我买了两本中文小说,然后我把其中一本送给我姐姐了。

8、If buses are too crowded, we’ll go by bike. 要是公交车太拥挤的话,那我们就骑脚踏车自行车吧。

Chinese people usually call "bike" "自行车"or“单车”