June
Love is a key to communication "Love" is a key to avoid misunderstanding when it comes to talking about cross-cultural communication I might learn English by the end of my life. Sometimes, I feel powerless and frustrated when the other person misunderstands what I say or write. I hope that English-speaking friends will appreciate how much I actually invest my time and passion learning English. I am 43 year-old-married woman who is raising three young kids. Additionally, I've been working for about sixteen years. However, I am not simply blaming my busy life, but I have just kept on practicing English. I might not sound that fluent, but I've worked very hard to accomplish a current proficiency level. I try to celebrate that I am learning and growing, but unfortunately I feel very frustrated with the other person who is just upset or hurt about the way I say. I hope she or he will acknowledge my cultural background that end up producing misunderstanding. When I met foreigners who speak Korean or at least try to learn my language, I highly respect that person because I feel that person respect my culture with learning my language. They accidently make many mistakes when they speak Korean, but I’ve never been upset or complain about that because I appreciate his or her efforts. As a matter of fact, I’ve learned a lot from their mistakes when learning English in return. Above all, I started discovering new things about my own language. Overall, it’s my honor to help foreigners with learning my language. When I speak with English-speaking people, I still translate what I want to say from my mother tongue first like other language learners. However, during that process, I sometimes tend to make mistakes that I might end up hurting the other person even though I don't mean that. I feel ashamed of not even noticing that I might have hurt many English native friends in the past due to the lack of language barriers. to be continued
Feb 1, 2015 12:51 PM

Love is a the Key to Communication

"Love" is a the key to avoid misunderstandings when it comes to talking about cross-cultural communication.
I might be learning English by until the end of my life. Sometimes, I feel powerless and frustrated when the other person misunderstands what I say or write. I hope that English-speaking friends will appreciate how much I actually invested my time and passion into learning English.
I am a 43 year old married woman who is raising three young kids. Additionally, I've been working for about sixteen years. However, I am not simply blaming my busy life. but I have just kept on practicing English. I might not sound that fluent, but I've worked very hard to accomplish a my current proficiency level. I try to celebrate the fact that I am learning and growing, but unfortunately I feel very frustrated with by the other person who is just upset or hurt about the way what I say. I hope she or he they will acknowledge understand my that cultural background differences that may end up producing misunderstandings.
When I meet foreigners who speak Korean or at least try to learn my language, I highly respect that person because I feel that person they respect my culture with by learning my language. They accidently make many mistakes when they speak Korean, but I’ve never been upset or complained about that because I appreciate his or her their efforts. As a matter of fact, I’ve learned a lot from their mistakes when I'm learning English in return. Above all, I started discovering new things about my own language. Overall, it’s my honor to help foreigners with learning my language.
When I speak with English-speaking people, I still translate what I want to say from my mother tongue first like other language learners. However, during that process, at times I sometimes tended to make mistakes that I might have ended up hurting the other person even though I don't mean that unintentially. I feel ashamed of not even noticing that I might have hurt many English native friends in the past due to the lack of language barriers miscommunication.
To be continued...

Thanks. Now I see some errors as well. So I'd better use he or she rather than they. Thank you so much.
Good job June, although its better to use 'they' rather than many 'he/she'.