Yujia Wong
The Person I Admire Hey guys this is the content of my English speech contest!Could someone help me check it to make it better or more natural?:) Good morning, ladies and gentlemen! I'm Nancy, today I want to talk about a person I admire. If someone asks me, “Who is the person you admire?” I would definitely answer it without hesitation, “Jennifer, my formal English teacher, who comes from Canada.” Though she went back to her country, the moving memories between us are forever. Three years ago, I was really bad in English. So my mom sent me to a language school to improve it. I was pretty nervous when I went to the English class for the first time because I had never communicated with a foreigner, and I didn’t even know what to do if I couldn’t understand her well. When I was thinking about these problems, Jennifer came to the class, and said “hi” with a warm smile which was like a bunch of sunshine. Her honest smile drove away my fears immediately. As she really loved to smile a lot, the smile has become her symbol since then. I started to love English because of her. I still remember that once I was taking a speaking test, I was so nervous that I forgot the content I had prepared before. What’s worse, I was worried about my bad pronunciation. But Jennifer was still smiling at me and encouraged me, “Come on, Nancy! You can do it!” I felt better and began my speech. Though I couldn’t speak fluently, she still nodded to agree with my opinions, so that I became more and more confident to express myself. To my surprise, I got a full mark in my speaking test! The best thing was that she wrote “Top speaker” on my test paper and drew a smely face beside it. From then on, I’m not afraid of expressing myself in English any more, as I would always think of her warm smile. Though she went back to Canada, she would still try her best to help me with my English as long as I have any question. I have much more passion for English so that my English became better! I felt so lucky and thankful to be her student! As the sentence we made when we were learning about the superlative degree: Jennifer is the best teacher I’ve ever met in my life. All of the cozy memories are still kept in my heart. She has taught me not only English, but also the most beautiful language which is borderless- -smile! Jennifer’s sunny smile has changed me a lot, so this is why I can stand here with a big smile today! I want to transmit the smile and warmth as what the person I admire did.
Feb 1, 2015 2:31 PM
1

Hi Nancy - I am a native English speaker from England who does a lot of speeches myself. I have made the changes below, which are quite "picky", but really do make it sound much more natural.

Remember that it is "although, not "though", and to keep practicing the use of tense when talking about how past activities affect your current life.

Very impressive though, well done, and good luck!

Tom

The Person I Admire

Hey guys this is the content of my English speech contest!Could someone help me check it to make it better or more natural?:)

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen! I'm Nancy and today I want to talk to you about a person who I admire.
If someone asks me, “Who is the person you admire?” I would definitely answer it without hesitation, “Jennifer, my formal English teacher, who comes from Canada.” Although she went back to her country, the moving memories that we shared will be between us forever.

Three years ago, I was really bad at English, so my mom sent me to a language school to improve it. I was pretty nervous when I went to the English class for the first time because I had never communicated with a foreigner, and I didn’t even know what to do if I couldn’t understand her well. Whilst I was thinking about these problems, Jennifer came to the class, and said “hi” with a warm smile which was like a ray of sunshine. Her honest smile drove away my fears immediately. As she always loved to smile so much, the smile, since then, has become her symbol.

I started to love English because of her. I still remember when I once took a speaking test, I was so nervous that I forgot the content that I had prepared beforehand. What’s worse is that I was worried about my bad pronunciation. But Jennifer was still smiling at me and encouraged me, “Come on, Nancy! You can do it!” I felt better and began my speech. Though I couldn’t speak fluently, she still nodded to agree with my opinions, so that I became more and more confident to express myself. To my surprise, I got full marks in my speaking test! The best thing was that she wrote “Top speaker” on my test paper and drew a smiley face beside it.

Since that test, I am no longer afraid of expressing myself in English any more, as I would always think of her warm smile. Although she went back to Canada, she still tries her best to help me with my English whenever I have any questions. I have much more passion for English and, as a result, my English has become much better!
I felt so lucky and thankful to be her student! Just like the sentence that we made together when we were learning about the superlative degree: Jennifer is the best teacher I’ve ever met in my life. All of the cozy memories are still kept in my heart. She has taught me not only English, but also the most beautiful language which is borderless - a smile!
Jennifer’s sunny smile has changed me a lot, so this is why I can stand here with a big smile today! I want to transmit my smile and warmth, just like this person that I admire did to me!

1

The Person I Admire

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen! I'm Nancy and today I want to talk about a person I really admire.
If someone asks me, “Who is the person you admire the most?” I would will definitely answer it without hesitation, “Jennifer, my formal English teacher who comes from Canada.” AThough she went back to her country, the moving memories between us are will be forever.
Three years ago, I was really bad in at English. So my mom sent me to a language school to improve it. I was pretty nervous when I went to the English class for the first time because I had never communicated with a foreigner, and I didn’t even know what to do if I wouldn’t understand her well. When While I was thinking about these problems, Jennifer came to the class and said “hi” with a warm smile which was like a bunch of sunshine. Her honest smile drove away my fears immediately. As she really loved to smile a lot, the smile has become her symbol since then.
I started to love English because of her. I still remember that once I was taking a speaking test and I was so nervous that I forgot the content I had prepared before what to say. What’s worse, I was worried about my bad pronunciation. But Jennifer was still smiling at me and encouraged me, “Come on, Nancy! You can do it!” I felt better and I began my speech. Though I couldn’t speak fluently, she still nodded to agree with my opinions, so that I became more and more confident to express myself. To my surprise, I got a full mark in my speaking test! The best thing was that she wrote “Top speaker” on my test paper and drew a smely face beside it.
From then on, I’m not afraid of expressing myself in English anymore, as I would always think of her warm smile. Although she went back to Canada, she still tries her best to help me with my English as long as I have any question. I have much more passion for English so that my English became better!
I felt so lucky and thankful to be her student and in order to prove it, here you are for example the sentence we made when we were learning superlatives: Jennifer is the best teacher I’ve ever met in my life. All of the cozy memories are still kept in my heart. She has taught me not only English, but also the most beautiful language which is borderless- -smile!
Jennifer’s sunny smile has changed me a lot, so that's why I can stand here with a big smile today! I want to transmit the smile and warmth as the person I admire did.

The Person I Admire most

Hey guys this is the content text of my English speech contest!Could someone help me check it to make it better or more natural?:)
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen! I'm Nancy, today I want to talk about a person I admire a great deal.
If someone asks me, “Who is the person you admire most?” I would will definitely answer it without hesitation, “Jennifer, my formal English teacher, who comes from Canada.” Although she has returned went back to her country, the moving warm memories between us are forever.
Three years ago, my English was really terrilbe! bad in English, so my mom sent me to a language school to improve it. I was pretty nervous when I went to the English class for the very first time, because I had never communicated with a foreigner, and I didn’t even know had no idea what to do if I couldn’t understand her well. While/Whilst I was thinking about these this problem, Jennifer came into the class, and said “hi” with a warm smile which was like a bunch of sunflowers/ray of sunshine. <em>( bunch and sunshine just don't go together)</em> Her honest smile drove away my fears immediately. As she really loved to smile a lot, the smile has become her symbol since then.
I started to love English because of her. I still remember that once I was taking a speaking test, I was so nervous that I forgot the content text/script/lines I had prepared before. What’s worse, I was worried about my bad pronunciation. But Jennifer was still smiling at me and encouraging me, “Come on, Nancy! You can do it!” I felt better and began my speech. Though I couldn’t speak fluently, she still nodded to agree with my opinions, so that I became more and more confident to express myself. To my surprise, I got a full mark in my speaking test! The best thing was that she wrote “Top speaker” on my test paper and drew a smiley face beside it.
From then/that time on, I’m I have not been afraid of expressing/to express myself in English any more, as I would can always think of her warm smile. Although she went has gone back to Canada, she would still tries her best to help me with my English as long as whenever I have any question. I have much more passion for English so that my English has improved greatly became better!
I felt feel so lucky and thankful to be have been her student! As in the sentence we made put together/constructed when we were learning about the superlative degree: Jennifer is the best teacher I’ve ever met in my life. All of the cozy memories are still kept in my heart. She has taught me not only English, but also the most beautiful language without borders which is borderless) - -the smile!
Jennifer’s sunny smile has changed me a lot, so this is why I can stand here with a big smile today! I want to transmit the smile and warmth just as what the person I admire did.

hi! im Jason in New York. im happy to help you improve your spoken english, if you need help. please add me to QQ: 1990992857 or ooVoo: 6214337481 . Let's lets be friends! :)
are you online on skype?