JasmineEnglishTime
Tricky Accents: How to Speak and Listen Fluently- Part 3 PRACTICE Now you may be asking, how can you simultaneously use these concepts effectively? Here are a few activities that may help you practice your listening and speaking. Choose an activity that interests you or create your own. Dialogue- Create a scenario with a partner. Example: You will be the store clerk and your partner will be the customer. Converse. Pay special attention to your accent. Imitate words with the same tone of voice that your partner speaks with. Description- Take a photograph and describe it to the best of your ability. Use as many adjectives as possible. Can you use slang terms and idioms to describe the objects? Topic- Pick a topic. Listen to the ways in which your partner slurs his or her words. When you respond, let your words flow from the tongue. Read aloud- Choose an article and read it aloud to a native speaker. Ask the teacher to correct your pronunciation after you finish each paragraph. Break apart the difficult words into syllables. Conclusion: Every language learners’ goal is to speak and listen to a foreign language fluently. If you separate speaking from listening, you will absorb more than you think! When you combine both speaking and listening together, you will be able to apply what you absorbed to the conversations. With practice, this task won’t feel so tiresome. Remember, it is okay for you to make mistakes. This is the most effective way to learn. As a nonnative speaker, will inherently have an accent. However you will soon find native speakers will be able to easily understand the way in which you speak. What are you waiting for? Go for it!
Feb 13, 2015 8:19 PM
i am Tom,a Chinese student.if you want to make friends with me ,please add me,my skype name is wojiaoao4.2
Yes! Can try eventually try all of them :) I'm glad all 3 articles were helpful for you!
interesting! Maybe we can try one of them next session.