Mike
Second session on italki So last night I had my second tutoring session with a tutor on italki. That was quite rewarding because the session was focused on vocabury. First she (my teacher) asked me some questions about my day and I tried to describe clearly with complete sentences. That took me a little time as I don't have the flow yet. However I wanted to finish my sentences no matter the time it would take me. Afterwards, We practiced vocabulary, I had to fill in the blanks in phrases with a word list that she proposed me. The next exercise was related to the latest, I had to find synonyms of the first word list in phrases with new vocabulary. At last, we concluded this session with a similar exercise to the first one, which was fill in the blanks in phrases, but this time there wasn't any link between the vocabulary of this one and the first exercise. After the session I wrote down the new words in my text book,which will allow me to review them for the next session, we planned to do a little quiz at the beginning to check whether I remember. Thanks for correcting me.
Feb 19, 2015 12:40 PM

Second session on italki

So last night I had my second tutoring session with a tutor on italki. That was quite rewarding because the session was focused on vocabury vocabulary.
First she (my teacher) asked me some questions about my day and I tried to describe clearly with complete sentences. That took me a little time as I don't have the flow yet. However I wanted to finish my sentences no matter the time how long it would take me. ("how long" is more correct than "the time")
Afterwards, We we practiced vocabulary,. I had to fill in the blanks in phrases with a word list that she proposed ("propose" sounds strange here; perhaps you meant "gave", past tense of give?) me.
The next exercise was related to the latest ("latest" sounds strange here, did you mean "last", as in "the previous exercise"?),. I had to find synonyms of the first word list in phrases with new vocabulary.
At last, we concluded this session with a similar exercise to the first one, which was fill in the blanks in phrases, but this time there wasn't any link between the vocabulary of this one and the first exercise.

After the session I wrote down the new words in my text book, which will allow me to review them for the next session,. We planned to do a little quiz at the beginning to check whether I remember.

Thanks for correcting me.

<em>You write English very well! You write with great grammatical structure and you sound very fluent to me. I think the only issue you have is knowing when you have completed a full sentence and stopping it with a period . before continuing to your next phrase, instead of continuing to the next sentence with a comma , -- this creates what we call "run-on" sentences in English. But this is only a problem if you want to write formal English, as the problem does not prevent me from understanding you. Good job!</em>