Laiz
Is your confidence related to your butt? Is your confidence related to your butt? According to a TV commercial, yes, it is - or, at least, it should be. You must wake up every morning and run to the next mirror to spend a parcel of your precious time admiring your 'behind', which is the only thing about you that matters. Sorry, I didn't decide that. Already freaking out? Let me guess, last time you had checked your butt, things weren't as good as those 'beauty' brands had told you it should be? Don't worry, the same beauty brand that is trying to dictate what makes you confident, has also developed a product that will solve, miraculou$ly, all of your self-esteem problems. What a coincidence! You're not freaking out anymore, are you? Now, I bet gratefulness is the predominant feeling, am I right? Not too quickly. Our bff beauty brand i$ not doing it ju$t becau$e they're nice. Come on, you're not that naive, are you? *** Ok, let's be serious now. It seems like these beauty brands think that we - girls and women - are stupid. I don't see the same brainless commercials showing products for men - expensive cars and watches for men, is that right? I know a lot of girls and women who are remarkably smart, funny AND beautiful. They don't need to spend their lifetime savings on their appearance, but they do. It's so sad to see them questioning their value right after watching these idiotic advertising... What about boys who grow up believing that their value is measured by watches and cars? What about guys who won't ever be able to afford these 'toys'? I'm not being bitter, just for the record, there's nothing wrong with my butt, I've checked... unfortunately... after watching TV... :( I'm kidding. But, seriously, I'm not being bitter, I just feel like we should think about these things more often in order to choose what is really important in our lives instead of accepting beauty/success standards without deliberating.
Feb 24, 2015 2:23 AM
1

Is your confidence related to your butt?

Is your confidence related to your butt? According to a TV commercial, yes, it is - or, at least, it should be. You must wake up every morning and run to the next nearest mirror to spend a parcel minute/moment <em>(trying to think of a better word)</em> of your precious time admiring your 'behind', which is the only thing about you that matters <em>(narcissism pure and simple)</em>. (Sorry, these are not my commandments!) I didn't decide that.
Already freaking out? Let me guess, last time you had checked your butt, things weren't as good as those 'beauty' brands/labels/products/producers/companies had told/were telling you it should be? Don't worry, the same beauty brand that is trying to dictate what makes you confident, has also developed a product that will solve (miraculou$ly) all of your self-esteem problems. What a coincidence! 

You're not freaking out anymore, are you? Now, I bet gratefulness is the predominant <em>(not comfortable with predominant here, it seems correct in meaning but unnatural in use)</em> feeling, am I right? Not so quick! Not so fast! too quickly. Our bff beauty brand i$ not doing it ju$t becau$e they're nice. Come on, you're not that naive, are you?
***
Ok, let's be serious now. It seems like these beauty brands/cosmetic companies think that we - girls and women - are stupid. I don't see the same brainless commercials showing products for men - expensive cars and watches for men, is that right?
I know a lot of girls and women who are remarkably smart, funny AND beautiful. They don't need to spend their lifetime savings on their appearance, but they do. It's so sad to see them questioning their value(s)/worth right after watching these idiotic advertisements... <em>(or 'such advertising')</em>
What about boys who grow up believing that their value is measured by watches and cars? What about guys who won't ever be able to afford these 'toys'?
Just for the record I'm not being bitter, just for the record, <em>(not wrong, but better placed up front)</em>there's nothing wrong with my butt - I've checked... unfortunately... after watching TV... :(  <em>(OH NO you didn't! - did you?)</em>
I'm kidding. But, seriously, I really am not being bitter, I just feel like that we should think about these things more often in order to choose what is really important in our lives, instead of mindlessly accepting beauty/success standards without deliberating.

"Life is short. Have an affair" I just watched on Youtube. Oh my God, that's horrible!
As I was when I noticed an 'Ashley Madison' advertisement 'thinking of someone other than my wife'!
I was little bit angry and ended up exaggerating :x
333 words, 1600 characters - just a fraction long and hard work for reviewers and can run into the 2000 character limit we sometimes meet when editing.