Eddy
Agencies 영어 배울랴고 캐내다 온 한국분은 거이다 agency으로 온거갔에요. It seems like most Koreans that come to Canada to learn English by going through agencies. (아이구~ 한글 문법 어려워요 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ) agency 한국 이름 기억안나는데 이 agency들 집, 교육, 비행기표 다 준비해나요. I forget what they were called in Korean but these agencies set up your housing, help pick your school, and arrange your plane ticket for you. agency 신청한분, 어댔어요? 뭐 좋았어요? 뭐 않좋았어요? For anyone that went through agencies, how did you find out about them and what did you like and not like about them.
Feb 25, 2015 7:31 PM
1

Agencies

영어 배울고 캐내다 온 한국분은 거에이젼시로 온 것 같아요.
It seems like most Koreans that come to Canada to learn English by going through agencies.
(아이구~ 한글 문법 어려워요 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ)

agency 한국 이름 기억 안 나는데 이 에이전시들이 집, 교육, 비행기표 다 준비 하잖아요.
I forget what they were called in Korean but these agencies set up your housing, help pick your school, and arrange your plane ticket for you. 

에이전시를 통해 신청했던 분들, 어어요? 뭐 좋았어요? 뭐가  안 좋았어요?
For anyone that went through agencies, how did you find out about them and what did you like and not like about them.

Some people may know, some people may not. I was thankfully advised from my friend who had been to Canada when I decided on school. It's not rare to see students who would want to change schools because their school or curriculum they chose does not meet thier expectations, or is different from what they had thought would be like before they left Korea, but they just have to bite the bullet and keep studying there because of panelty.
ah i see. thanks for the tip! :D do most people know that their recommendations are biased?
Hi, Eddy. We call the agencies 유학원 in Korean, and it would be better to say '-을 통해서' for 'by going through'. The good thing about going agencies is it's convenient because they deal with almost everything as you've mentioned- school, visa, housing, airplane tickets, insurances and what not. So it's like one-stop shopping. However, you should be more careful about choosing a school because agencies are paid on commission from schools, so they will recommand ones that they can make more money from. You should know what you really want from your school, what you expect from the course of your choosing rather than make your decision based on the biased recommandation.