Juan
New storm causes havoc. A new storm is affecting the North of Spain for the last three days. Some cities and villages are in danger because its rivers are near to overflow. For instance, two neighborhoods of San Sebastian are flooded and its inhabitants are very worried about what can happen if the river's caudal continues its increment. Some neighbors have been told to abandon their flats due to the weather forecast. It seems heavy rain will continue for a day at least. Lately, big damages have been made to seafront in coast villages and cities due to the rough sea with waves up to eight meters. I lived in a coastal city for twenty five years and I'd never seen these huge waves before. I'm living in Madrid now, which is far away from the coast, and watching these news on the Internet is shocking. I'm pretty sure that global warming and ice melting is related to the increment of this kind of natural disasters in Spanish northern coast.
Feb 26, 2015 6:51 PM

New storm causes havoc.

A new storm is has been affecting the North of Spain for the last three days. Some cities and villages are in danger because its their rivers are near to overflowing. For instance, two neighborhoods of San Sebastian are flooded and its inhabitants are very worried about what can might happen if the river's caudal flow (<em>or in this context</em>, the river's level) continues its increment. Some neighbors have been told to abandon their flats due to the weather forecast. It seems heavy rain will continue for another day at least.

Lately, big damages have much damage has been made done to the seafront in coastal villages and cities due to the rough sea with waves up to eight meters. I lived in a coastal city for twenty five years and I'd never seen these huge waves before. I'm living in Madrid now, which is far away from the coast, and watching these this news on the Internet is shocking. I'm pretty sure that global warming and ice melting is related to the increment of rise in this kind of natural disasters in on the Spanish northern coast.

Very well written Juan. I hope the weather improves soon.

My corrections are in red and my suggestions to sound more natural are in blue/grey.

You can say:

watching this news

watching these news items

watching these news articles

February 28, 2015

New storm causes havoc.

A new storm is affecting the north of Spain for the last three days. Some cities and villages are in danger because the rivers are near overflowing or are about to overflow. For instance, two neighborhoods of San Sebastian are flooded and its inhabitants are very worried about what can happen if the river's caudal??? continues to increase. Some neighbors have been told to abandon their flats due to the weather forecast. It seems heavy rain will continue for a day at least.

Lately, there has been much damage to the seafront in coastal villages and cities due to the rough sea with waves up to eight meters. I lived in a coastal city for twenty five years and I'd never seen these huge waves before better: never seen waves this huge before. I'm living in Madrid now, which is far away from the coast, and watching these events on the news on the Internet is shocking. I'm pretty sure that global warming and ice melting is related to the increase of this kind of natural disasters in Spanish northern coast.

February 26, 2015